Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

We can ask, but they can't answer because of the same reasons they can't answer the Mail or any other news source.

If we start protesting, it will seem as if we're chasing DE out of VP. That would feel good, but I'm afraid we need DE's cooperation here. It would do more bad than good I feel.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can ask, but they can't answer because of the same reasons they can't answer the Mail or any other news source.

THEY CAN ANSWER. They can reveal price sensitive information to the market any day the feel like it. The only proviso is that the information is made publicly available so that no group is disadvantaged, ie they are not allowed to tell their mates first. The LSE also prefers such information to be released before market opening or after the market has closed.

If we start protesting, it will seem as if we're chasing DE out of VP. That would feel good, but I'm afraid we need DE's cooperation here. It would do more bad than good I feel.

Which sounds like a good reason for cuddly to keep this charade running as long as possible. We have been in a bid situation for nearly two years now, and so far nothing has happened apart from cuddly rejecting three different prices.

I'll just post it:

Transfer funds wrangle delays Villa deal

Feb 10 2006

By Jon Griffin, Birmingham Mail

A WRANGLE over transfer funds to help turn Aston Villa into Champions League contenders is the major stumbling block to a long-awaited £64 million takeover of the club, it emerged today.

Michael Neville, the man fronting the Comer brothers' attempt to end the Doug Ellis era at Villa Park, claimed the bid was making "extremely slow" progress because of the hitch over cash needed to challenge for top honours.

Ellis is understood to want cast iron assurances that there will be a sizeable kitty available for signing new players before he relinquishes control of the Premiership club to the Irish property developers.

Mr Neville, who has been negotiating with Ellis since last September, revealed the Comer consortium had now met Villa bankers Rothschilds - and again insisted a deal could yet be done.

"You cannot buy a football club unless you feel you can generate cash for players, for the manager's transfer budget and the like," he said.

"You can if you are Roman Abramovich, but there are not many like Abramovich. I was in London with the bank all day yesterday. We are making progress, albeit extremely slow progress. The transaction is lengthy and complex."

Mr Neville said the takeover consortium was undaunted by Doug Ellis's decision to appoint Rothschilds to seek a buyer for the club after he had been unconvinced by their cash guarantees.

"What Doug Ellis was saying was that these guys are not moving quickly enough for me," said Neville, who has praised Ellis's 'safety first' approach to the negotiations.

"But I am still optimistic that a deal can be done. We have got a pretty good feel for the club and I am confident we can turn this club round.

"I am confident I can turn a loss-making club into a profitable one. There are things we can do in terms of building the brand, with broadband et cetera."

Mr Neville, who has claimed the Comer bid could see Villa win a Champions League place within three years, said the long-delayed takeover was the only bid on the table.

"I do know that there are no other bidders. There could be somebody coming up on the side but, as far as I know, there's nobody else."

After more than four months of talks, Mr Neville's latest statement is unlikely to reassure the majority of Villa fans that a deal is any nearer completion.

But in the absence of a Villa statement to the Stock Exchange that the talks have irretrievably collapsed, speculation will remain that the Ellis era could be drawing to a close.

Villa spokesman Phil Mepham said: "The chairman has always made it clear that anybody coming into the club would only do so for the future good of the club and the company. Anybody coming in will have to have the best interests of Aston Villa at heart. The situation remains ongoing."

So basically. Doug want to charge too much for the club then wants the new owners to put x amount of money in (which he has never done in his life).

Why dont that old man put half of his money he's taking out of the club in if hes that bothered. If he is "mr Aston Villa"

f*ck doug. I want him out. he's killing us. aresh*le. w*nker.

I would like to say sorry about saying all that but im thinking worse things believe me.

"You cannot buy a football club unless you feel you can generate cash for players, for the manager's transfer budget and the like," he said.

"I am confident I can turn a loss-making club into a profitable one. There are things we can do in terms of building the brand, with broadband et cetera."

Sounds like the comers and the piggy bank is gone and Mr Neville is scrambling to try and put together a deal himself. He has plenty of assets, but not that much cash. So he would have to borrow against his assets to buy the club and then dump that debt on the club a la Glazer.

Not saying this is a bad thing. A leveraged buyout under a progressive regime may be preferable to a "debt free" backward thinking chairman, depending on structure.

Not saying this is a bad thing. A leveraged buyout under a progressive regime may be preferable to a "debt free" backward thinking chairman, depending on structure.

That really depends upon whether or not that regime has the wherewithal to be progressive enough of if the brand is strong enough to be able to facilitate the debt

That really depends upon whether or not that regime has the wherewithal to be progressive enough of if the brand is strong enough to be able to facilitate the debt

Agreed

So whats happening is the Comers have walked after getting fed up with dealing with Ellis?

He has failed to provide transfer funds and then argues about whether the new owners will or not?

If they put in 50p of their own cash they would have spent more than Ellis!

LMAO, Ellis is losing it!

In some way i am glad Doug is doing this even though he never done it himself!

I for one wouldnt want to sell the club to someone who was as tight as me! Whats point of Doug selling it to someone who aint at least gonna give us a transfer budget injection?

True it will obviously be awesome that he gone but i for one want someone coming in who gonna be good for us and i think that what Doug is trying to do!

He's not doing it out of any sense of altruism. It's just another barrier that he will put up in order to retain power whilst keeping the masses quiet.

"I just want whats best for the club"

The best thing would be for you to leave.

If there ever was a good time for Villa fans to demonstrate against Ellis it would be now...

* We are in a bad situation whereas a takeover seems to look as an usual Ellis-disaster.

* We probably have too good players in our squad comparing to the clubs ambition and financial situation. That means if Ellis dumps the takeover plans and stays...we´ll face a walk out never seen at Villa Park. This will start a spin of bad things around the club and we will be in a very dangerous situation where I really can see relegation ahead!

* If Ellis sets this bad things in power it will take long time before Villa will get back in Premier...the club will be in chaos for maybe five years.

Ellis has to leave....or the club will die. This is the tragic story of everything that is managed by a dictator. Ellis is a dictator at Villa Park and he is guiding Aston Villa FC into poverty and disaster. There is no other way than to make every effort as an Villa supporter to see Ellis walk out of Villa Park once and for all.

I would love to see a demonstration, a peaceful one, that makes Ellis up against the wall where he has no other option than to sell or to leave his place as the Chairman and major shareholder. Villa wont survive as it is now and everyone knows it...even Comers!

Ironic that Ellis is demanding they back the manager :roll:

Seriously tho, he is doing the right thing by ensuring that money will be spent. I like the way he talks about "building a brand", something that villa have criminally ignored.

reading the mail's report it is now obvious they have Neville's ear.

However Ellis as the seller should have ni say on how much a prospective buyer may put in when he has put **** all himself.

Interesting reply from the mail in that they did not reply back to any of Villa's statement .....