Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

oh and another thought, (OT, sorry again) but taking the piss out of CV is to be encouraged, but the originality is, er, absent after the first few hundred times of repetition of the same theme.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just over night I have been looking at teh the European football statuiscs website and it brings up an intresting few things.

Above all I looked at the attendances and constantly Vill has always been in the top 7 best supported clubs, we have been as high as 3rd and as low as 14th (when in first division) but currently 10th. Overall in Europe this season we are the 35th best supported team but if we had last years average we would be around 25th.

To me it puts a lie to those people who wish to state that actually we are not quite as big as we to think we are to justify Ellis's policies.

In fact based on these stats I can say we should be much bigger and are massively under performing, another nail in his coffin.

oh and another thought, (OT, sorry again) but taking the piss out of CV is to be encouraged, but the originality is, er, absent after the first few hundred times of repetition of the same theme.

just wondering if CV is at the Park today or is he going to hang out in some pub in "Brokeback Maida Vale" and watch it on the telly?

now back on topic... the fact that this takeover seems to be slower than a snail with arthritis is causing us "Fickle-uns" to have massive attacks of ADD.

(Hence the occasional wondering off topic ;) )

Now that we have scored the magic 100 pages where nothing happened, does anyone want a vote whether we should close this thread down and start another one IF anything else happens this year ? 8)

I agree, its going nowhere theres nothing actually being printed in the press or shown on tv about it, so for now, its mostly speculation and opinions...which then cause it to end up OT....again!

Why d osome people want this thread closed?

They aren't forced to read it but some of us still wish to read and debate this issue

But the fact there is nothing to debate now means it pointless. i dont know if its possible but maybe it should be frozen until some real factual evidence becomes available.

you could include home grown playersa and the potential increase in land value if planning permission was obtained. This could push the value up but cannot be capitalised

Trinity Tom, selling Baros after a good World Cup has already been mentioned by DO'L that would bring in some money as would selling Davis now he's on a lengthy contract to a club in the North who are short of midfield players and who would be sure to be interested if they heard the news that we need cash badly and might be willing to look at an offer. If Newcastle stay up they might be interested in Barry (a second home grown player) and with fees also likely for the likes of Delaney, Hendrie, JPA & Dj Dj, we could clear the say £20m loss that we can expect when the 12 month figures are declared by "profitable player trading". That would then leave the Youth Team to fill the gaps in our "small squad" (as a certain 82 year-old considers they are capable of doing) and the chairman could then use the money that our captain's departure (which would be certain when he observed that sort of drain on player resources) to pay off DO'L (which seems the prime objective for some fans) and appoint say David Platt (he's like a son to me you know).

That would service the debt, allow him to pay off Rothschilds for pointing to a strategy that he will want no part of and see us set for a nose dive into relegation. But it would secure our CEOs position at the club and anger the "men of the terraces" and this seems his ongoing aim. Without a takeover does anyone not see this or at the very least some of this as a possibility?

Oh and by the way, as far as capitalising the land we have as I recall we secured the OK to build a number of houses in B6 some months ago. What has happened there, are the foundations down yet? Are the millions coming in from the builders yet? Or has the penny dropped that nobody wants to buy a new property in Aston at an inflated price (& might that also apply to a football club)?

My vote is to keep this thread running until we know for sure that no takeover can happen. I had real hope when the early pages were written that we would by now have forward thinking new owners who were prepared to put some money into the club and to spend some of it in the Jan transfer window. But, what was in it for the chairman to tempt him into a quick sale?

Why d osome people want this thread closed?

They aren't forced to read it but some of us still wish to read and debate this issue

But the fact there is nothing to debate now means it pointless. i dont know if its possible but maybe it should be frozen until some real factual evidence becomes available.

Well leave it to those, like John and Ian who are doing a good job

If you don't like the thread, don't go in it. Simple. This is probably the most valid thread on here, seeing as the furture depends on it.

Please now keep this thread on topic. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.

Here here.

(is this on topic??)

you could include home grown playersa and the potential increase in land value if planning permission was obtained. This could push the value up but cannot be capitalised

Trinity Tom, selling Baros after a good World Cup has already been mentioned by DO'L that would bring in some money as would selling Davis now he's on a lengthy contract to a club in the North who are short of midfield players and who would be sure to be interested if they heard the news that we need cash badly and might be willing to look at an offer. If Newcastle stay up they might be interested in Barry (a second home grown player) and with fees also likely for the likes of Delaney, Hendrie, JPA & Dj Dj, we could clear the say £20m loss that we can expect when the 12 month figures are declared by "profitable player trading". That would then leave the Youth Team to fill the gaps in our "small squad" (as a certain 82 year-old considers they are capable of doing) and the chairman could then use the money that our captain's departure (which would be certain when he observed that sort of drain on player resources) to pay off DO'L (which seems the prime objective for some fans) and appoint say David Platt (he's like a son to me you know).

That would service the debt, allow him to pay off Rothschilds for pointing to a strategy that he will want no part of and see us set for a nose dive into relegation. But it would secure our CEOs position at the club and anger the "men of the terraces" and this seems his ongoing aim. Without a takeover does anyone not see this or at the very least some of this as a possibility?

Oh and by the way, as far as capitalising the land we have as I recall we secured the OK to build a number of houses in B6 some months ago. What has happened there, are the foundations down yet? Are the millions coming in from the builders yet? Or has the penny dropped that nobody wants to buy a new property in Aston at an inflated price (& might that also apply to a football club)?

My vote is to keep this thread running until we know for sure that no takeover can happen. I had real hope when the early pages were written that we would by now have forward thinking new owners who were prepared to put some money into the club and to spend some of it in the Jan transfer window. But, what was in it for the chairman to tempt him into a quick sale?

I have quoted the whole of this John because it is an excellent summation of the situation, it qualifies the land myth (and I urge you to look at the H&V posting I referred you to yesterday) and the fact the only way we can stop getting into serious debt is through selling.

The reason why this thread is vital is because the next few months will define our whole future, if the wrong descisons are made it will be catsrophic but if the right moves are made a brighter future awaits.

As I said our support historically puts us in the top 5 clubs so the base is there who it needs doing is being fed hope and expectation and we can be where we all want to be.

If only for 7 lottery numbers :wink:

And more to the point, how does anyone make a profit out of football anymore ?

3 MAJOR revenue streams are :-

> Finding young talent and selling on for a massive profit

> Long, televised cup runs

> Eurpean football

The Cormers must be able to see that we're able to increase revenues massively under a new management team (root and branch surgery) or they will just bow out imo

Being in Birmingham is a bit of a bummer too aint it...the land, whilst having a value isn't seemimgly THAT attractive to the Cormers who build 'exective' property unless diversifying into industrial developments............

When I win the Euro millions jackpot this week of 120 mill, I'll snap the club up and you'll see me on TV physically booting The Exhausted Ruler out onto Trinity Rd with his baggage!!

That's a mental image that cheers me up no end! The old git there stood trying to get the letters from the stand opposite the Trinity into the boot of his car!

When I win the Euro millions jackpot this week of 120 mill, I'll snap the club up and you'll see me on TV physically booting The Exhausted Ruler out onto Trinity Rd with his baggage!!

That's a mental image that cheers me up no end! The old git there stood trying to get the letters from the stand opposite the Trinity into the boot of his car!

Id shove those letters where the son dont shine and tell him to NEVER come back.

And more to the point, how does anyone make a profit out of football anymore ?

Well you could borrow the money from a bank to buy a club with a fairly large holding of land.

Sell the land at below market value to your own company, redevelop the said land and make millions.

You then pass the debt with the bank you used to buy the club to the PLC a la The yank who bought Manusa.

And then you look to sell the club to anyone who will take it on.

Only thing is the club is well and truely screwed in this, but then the current chairman would have the millions he is demanding when no-one else seems to be interested.

Good job Doug will only sell to someone who has AVFC at heart.......

I feel sorry for the people still caught out by doug's politics... every single season he comes up with something to keep the fans talking and therefore stretching his time at the club... this thread is just proof of more doug spin. like transfer talks and promises and targetting europe, it's just another one of his spin tactics. difference is he knows his days are numbered so he's using this topic... which will eventually take place when nature takes it's toll.