Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If as fans we are convinced they have the good of the club at heart, and will put money in, are here for the long term betterment of the club, then a good number of us (and a lot of money) will not need to be spent on buying our shares - i.e. a lot of us could say "no ta, we'll hold on to the shares, saving you having to pay for them, and the money can go to bettering the club, in line with what you've told us"

Holding on to your shares wouldn't necessarily be a charity. It could be very profitable if the share price increase as a result of investment from the Comers, increased turnover and success in the league.

How excactly will the Comers put money in to the club? It's only fair that they don't pay a higher percentage of the total amount invested than their percentage of ownership. I would think that the way they will do this is by issuing new shares. Shares that they offer to current shareholders, but if these shareholders don't want to invest further, then the Comers will buy the shares themselves. And own a higher percentage of the club as a result of this.

Fans that also own shares would then need to spend more money on new shares, or alternatively see the value of their existing shares decrease due to there being more shares available. I don't think most of the fans that bought shares did it because they saw it as a business investment at the time. I didn't buy any, but it would be an emotional investment rather than a business investment if I had done that. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Comers are planning that the fans will make that emotional investment once more.

Alternatively any increased investment for players etc will need to come from the club itself. That means borrowing money as the club don't have any atm. And any loan would in the end be payed back by the fans through higher ticket prices, etc.

great post blandy, but £25m on chairs by anyone's standards is pricey

IF Petchey and Ellis do sell, then the new guys will be required to offer the same terms for our chares, and there are a lot of us - than 25 million quids worth of us (approx).

i'll get my coat

great post blandy, but £25m on chairs by anyone's standards is pricey

IF Petchey and Ellis do sell, then the new guys will be required to offer the same terms for our chares, and there are a lot of us - than 25 million quids worth of us (approx).

i'll get my coat

:lol::lol:

Copyright 2006 Associated Newspapers Ltd.

All Rights Reserved

DAILY MAIL (London)

January 5, 2006 Thursday

LENGTH: 185 words

HEADLINE: VILLA TAKEOVER COLLAPSING

BYLINE: BY NEIL MOXLEY

BODY:

THE proposed takeover of Aston Villa by Irish property developers appears to be on the point of failure. Villa chairman Doug Ellis has not received any guarantees that the money for the £64.4million purchase of the club is available.

Brothers Brian and Luke Comer have been pursuing Villa for the past three months but so far have done little to persuade main shareholder Ellis that funds will be forthcoming.

Several deadlines were set by Ellis for the consortium to prove they had the cash, but nothing has been provided to support their claims. Ellis has been voicing his concerns to leading figures in the Villa hierarchy and now it seems the club will remain in limbo until the chairman can find another suitable buyer.

A spokesman for the Comer Group insisted the dealwould go ahead, although it was taking longer than expected to conclude. Although an investment vehicle for the takeover hasbeenset up, Villaareincreasingly doubtful the bidders are serious.

It has also emerged that development plans for the area around Villa Park may not yield the expected windfall that the Galwaybased group were looking for.

LOAD-DATE: January 4, 2006

what is going on ? :shock: seemed it was just going to be concluded just after new year now this,ive got a feeling the stumbling block id dougie wanting to stay on in a controlling capacity,why dont he just fk off he knows that the majority wants him out and i was hoping for some action in the transfer window :evil: well thats out the window now cheers doug think of how many new years youve ruined now not just ruining our club now :!:

villa till i die

I'm not sure if Neil Moxley is just a mouthpiece for Ellis, but if there is any truth to this story then maybe we are better off without the Comers.

But also without Doug of course, NEXT BIDDER PLEASE.....

So far this is just specualtion. There are no quotes, except that a spokesman for the Comers are confident the deal will go through.

But significantly not a single solitary word from B6 to indicate one way or the other. IF Ellis wanted this t ohappen he could say something but HE CHOOSES not to.

It will suit Ellis for this to carry on until 31st January as it will give him a few more months breathing space.

Teah, so far it is just speculation, but as its speculation from a national paper (however dubious/discredited the source), I thought i'd pass it on anyway.

Remember though that both Ellis and Comer are very limited in what they can say due to Stock Market regulations, so both sides may be using mouthpieces here.

IF Deadly seriously has the future of Aston Villa foremost in his thoughts the best thing he could do would be to speed up the sale of his assets to give the new owners the opportunity to take advantage of the transfer window.

Sadly, his departing will be just like his tenure - frustratingly tedious . I'd sooner watch a TV programme of snails slithering from Sutton to Solihull in Black and White and no volume !