Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else just see the interview with Ellis?

He refused point blank to answer questions about the takeover, he said "I told you not to ask me about that didn't I" (before going on to challenge a game of Tennis... which he invented you know ;) )

After this it went back to the studio and Richard Keys who said according to the local paper they expect the deal to go through within 48 hours.

Was very interesting.

tuam hearld

the comer brothers have completed the takeover of aston villa football club. The deal will be completed immediately when when the stock market opens again next week. It says that nowJack Petchy has fully completed all the parts of his brewery takeover last week and ironed out all irregularities

news.independent.co....

the deal can now go through. Jack Petechy will now sell his shares from aston villa with the the finances of which being ploughed into he takeover of his new company. The deal was completed on the 22 DEC but had to be postponed due the delay in the Petchy deal leading Michael Nevville the front man of the comers bid to push back the date of the takeover to the new year as the Petchy deal went on hold over the christmas break.

They seem one 100% sure that the local comers have done the deal and are very reliable as they suggested a possible bid from the comers back in october.

Takeover On Tuesday Morning?

25_b.jpg

Looks like the Irish press are full of speculation that the takeover of Aston Villa by the AVIL Group could take place as soon as the stock market opens on Tuesday morning. Further rumours and reports suggest there may even be a press conference at Villa on Monday evening.

Looks like 2006 could start off in a very interesting way. Lets temper this with the fact that we have been told things are close before, but this time the whispers seem to be growing to screams and with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind, Aston Villa could have new owners in time for the transfer window!

Further rumours suggest - and I repeat, it is only a suggestion (he says as if that would stop legal action if it is wrong!) that it hasn't been Doug holding up proceedings, but a possible glitch in the deal to buy the second largest shareholder, Jack Petchey's shares. It seems this has been ironed out and - if we are to believe whispers, rumours and press reports, it could be all action come the 2nd of January.

Fingers crossed the deal - if it goes through - is right for Villa, right for all the shareholders, not just the majority holders, and is right for the fans. This is a fantastic club, it deserves the best.

Happy New Year to all in Claret and Blue!

nope not any more ......

The mood music is the same, Ellis is going but he just seems to want to stay as long as possible.

I have said this before but what has happened to Stride ?

Nothing heard from him since the first Comer interest, has he already effectivlty gone ?

clearly from Ellis's pre match interview yesterday he is going and clearly the Comer's have a bid out there and the major terms of it has been excepted.

Hmm, you mean the one where he refused point blank to say anything at all about any potential takeover. How do you work this one out mystic Ian?

because he openly talked about his legacy of stability and he was talking as if it was an end game.

as for not talking about the takeover, he can't can he by stock market rules., of course that never stopped him before ....

Ian, that could equally be interpreted as a party political broadcast for the incumbent party saying how lucky we are to have him.

Whether takeover goes ahead or not, I doubt much could be gleaned from that interview. After all his favourite son, David Platt said straight after the interview "I stil don't think he'll go".