The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Why would anyone bother jail breaking an iphone now, you'll be able to get them on all three major networks in January which should lead to more competitive pricing as well as the obvious choice of networks, now the monopoloy has almost gone, I cant really see the point

Jail braking isn't unlocking, its basically hacking the OS to let you run any apps you want. SNES Emulator, apps Apple dont want you using etc..Making your dock look bloody awful!

You can have a jail broken phone which is not unlocked, some unlocking methods rely on the jailbreak some dont.

Omariqy - make sure you have all yourplug-ins enabled for safari and also make sure your are in the UK.

I think sometime later this month the laws change and they will be able to stream to anyone in the EU.

Apparently they are working on an app for the app store and will be adding more channels.

Got the trainline app (free on the app store) and its quality - not had a train app since the last free one stopped working and didnt think paying for the National Rail app was worth paying for. Has got me home 20 mins earlier twice this week as I put my foot down getting to the station as I knew what time the train was leaving! (Only get the train every few months so dont have a clue when they leave!).

I have the trainline app, It was worth paying for when I got it as the trainline one didnt exist. I also have tube deluxe or whatever its called and that sorts me out in Londinium on the tube every time. Another app worth paying for imo, saves me loads of time on the Tube

Last time I posted about the Spotify App I had installed it but not used, after a few weeks of usage I have to say that I love it. It's brilliant. If you have WiFi and you use your iPhone for music away from your home a lot (commuting, work, travelling etc) then it's a must buy.

It is considered at 9.99 per month, but well worth it for me. A small sacrifice to justify the cost perhaps? i.e. I cut off Sky Movies, which balanced out the money I spend on Spotify.

Also there is the beauty of cancellation at any time, you change your mind or circumstance and you can cancel immediately.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, however MyPhone looks like an alright little app.

It basically puts pictures of all of your Facebook contacts onto your phone and adds their Birthdays. It's a shame that the phone numbers and e-mail addresses aren't synced aswell. However I'm sure they can be added. I'm just about to download it now as it's currently £1.79, so I figure it's worth that anyway.

Â