Scientific Experiment V2 #7 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

nor does he have the tactical skills required to change a game.
Very true. I mean, if we went down 2-0 in the first 20 minutes of a cup semi-final, we could never come back & win the tie by scoring 6 goals under MON, could we? :confused:

So one game is enough evidence to suggest that he CAN make changes that have an impact sufficient to win a game? I can think of plenty more where he hasn't. West Ham, Arsenal and Liverpool being three very recent examples.

Though you may have a point IMO you've chosen bad examples. Especially if you by turning a game mean come back from being down with a goal or two as we drew 0-0 with wham and were seconds away from the same with Liverpool. Not much time to turn that game around.

If on the other hand you mean turning a draw to a win I still think that against Liverpool there wasn't much left to be done. I couldn't see any changes that would've helped. Maybe more changes that could've been done against wham but still we created enough chances to win the game without any changes needed.

Against Arsenal is another story. They were the better team on the day, especially since Fabregas entered. Before that we had a chance to win it but then it was all over. Maybe we could've thrown in a player to win the game for us, but I don't think we had that capacity on the bench. Not against Arsenal that day. Just my thoughts on it.

I can understand those who feel that he's taken us as far as he can, but I don't agree with it. IMO those who thinks that expects too much too soon. a bit of impatience. Given time I think he can do it. He's not flawless, but I think he has the qulities to dit. Again, just my thoughts on it. Those who live shall see.

Tactically inept manager who can't attract quality players gets side regularly challenging for 4th and into a cup final.

How the hell did that happen then?

DundeeVilla I know you're a steadfast MON fan, so I can't change your view and I wouldn't want to anyway. I just don't believe MON can take us any further than 6th, I hope he proves me wrong in the future.

I think this poll needs to start including the option "MON should remain in charge for now" or something to that affect that suggests a happy medium.
This would just mean everyone would vote for this as the easy way out (except of course for the indefatigable 13 or so who always vote for MON to go come what may). The best polls don't allow any sitting on the fence.

Tactically inept manager who can't attract quality players gets side regularly challenging for 4th and into a cup final.

How the hell did that happen then?

DundeeVilla I know you're a steadfast MON fan, so I can't change your view and I wouldn't want to anyway. I just don't believe MON can take us any further than 6th, I hope he proves me wrong in the future.

I'm honestly not a "steadfast fan" of anyone or anything except Aston Villa. I just think some of the stick O'Neill gets from the armchair managers on here is pretty laughable given where he's taken us from when he took over. For that he deserves our support , to see where he can take us from here.

Â