LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

sorry to inject some devils advocacy into this but if dunne had made that tackle on owen after 4 minutes and got sent off as well as them getting a pen this place would have gone into meltdown. yes, he should get booked, but not sent off.

i know that rules are rules and all that but no ref is ever going to send someone off after 4 minutes of a cup final. if it had been outside the box and right in the centre of the goal he may have gone, but it wasnt. we got a pen, and effectively started the game with a goal advantage - maybe he should have gone in the book, but he would still be on the pitch.

forget it now anyway. the lads have 45 minutes to write history...

He should have walked. No debate. There was no protest from the United players or bench, and they couldnt believe their luck when he stayed on the park.

I see what you are saying about the ref not wanting to 'ruin' a cup final, but even then he should still have been sent off. It was a stonewall penalty, and the last defender had denied a goalscoring opportunity by fouling an attacker. The fact that Vidic didnt even get a yellow is mind boggling. Yes, he would still have been on the park, but being on a yellow with Gabby and Ash running at him means that Vidic would have had to had changed his game. He wouldnt have obstructed Ash towards the end of the first half for example.

United got away with murder. The players should worry about it after the final whistle, they have a game to win. We can still be pissed off about it.

Exactly, when Scott Carson gave away a penalty against Man U he got sent off, you can't change the rules as and when you like, it needs to be consistent.

we look a bit deflated here i think. we need something to get their heads back up and the belief flowing again.

if it was league game you know that mon would take off heskey, put on a central midfielder and take the draw! not sure what he can do here.