LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

They will look for any excuse to get this called off in my opinion to get their players back, to get home leg advantage and to try and put a couple of results together in the league.

What are you on about? They have to play the home leg first, illustrated by what happened with the 2 rearranged Manchester semi finals.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it in the Generals thread on Monday - I reckon this game will be off, and it will have sod all to do with the weather.

Blackburn have injury problems, Blackburn are low on confidence, Blackburn are at home 1st leg.

They will look for any excuse to get this called off in my opinion to get their players back, to get home leg advantage and to try and put a couple of results together in the league.

My expectation - if there is one snowflake anywhere around Lancashire they will say the surrounding roads are unsafe.

It happens - look at West Ham !!!

And we did it about 10 yrs ago - Man City at home if I recall.

Absolute bollocks. As others have said, they cannot change which way round the legs are played as it has been drawn that way. For evidence of this, see the other Semi-Final.

And if you think they are that under-hand and desperate for this game to be called off, then why the **** have they contracted in two JCB diggers since the weekend to clear the ground and the surrounding areas? Not to mention all the staff who have been clearing snow with shovels. Stop talking rubbish.

Yes - but that was arranged two weeks ago wasn't it.

It isn't as simple as that.

Lets just say tomorrow is off and they arranged the home leg again.

We would only be one calender month from the final. There will reach a point where the games will have to go ahead

We have Arsenal Wed 27th - and that couldnt be re-arranged as Arsneal have Champions League commitments.

We have Man U on Wed. 10th of Feb - and they couldn't re-arrange that - for same reason.

The clubs and league would have to get the games played as soon as possible - the final is only 5 weeks away !!

Yes - but that was arranged two weeks ago wasn't it.

It isn't as simple as that.

Lets just say tomorrow is off and they arranged the home leg again.

We would only be one calender month from the final. There will reach a point where the games will have to go ahead

We have Arsenal Wed 27th - and that couldnt be re-arranged as Arsneal have Champions League commitments.

We have Man U on Wed. 10th of Feb - and they couldn't re-arrange that - for same reason.

The clubs and league would have to get the games played as soon as possible - the final is only 5 weeks away !!

That doesn't make sense though. They have to play the games on 2 separate dates, so Blackburn will always play their home leg first. So, if tomorrow gets cancelled we'll play the game in Blackburn next Wednesday when we were due at home. If that gets cancelled, we'd play on the date we rearranged the home leg, and so on.

Listen - I know what the rules are - and I know what SHOULD happen.

What I am saying is it would be logistcally impossible for Villa to do it, and we would presumably have to bite the bullet and play the home leg first.

Think about it.

We have sold over 40,000 tickets for a game that is happening next week. If it was re-arranged, Villa would have to re-issue all those tickets for an unconfirmed date (in itself virtually impossible). Look at this week, they had a 100 or so returns and that had to be done on a voucher basis - can you imagine 40,000 tickets to do !

We would also lose TV revenue as, any other week there are premier fixtures, FA Cup or Champions League on the telly - so we wouldn't be on TV

If we re-arranged it - first of all we would have to get Arsenals permission, which they may give, but I bloody doubt Arsenal will create their own fixture pile up that could cost them the league and Champions League for our benefit - it won't happen.

So the next possible date is Feb 3rd (although dont know if Blackburn have any commitments).

So Villa / Blackburn / Leauge have two options.

Just play the Villa leg on Wednesday and least they only have to worry about a logistical nightmare re-arranging one game - or re-arrange both and it will cause chaos.

Other matters no one has thought of.

Don't you think the Villa have had to book and pay for police assistance for next Wednesday. What happens if Blues are playing Feb 3rd , are Burney playing next Wednesday at home ...etc....etc....etc......

It would cause chaos - mark my words - if Thursday is off - the Villa Park leg will be Wednesday.

The only option Villa would have is to request the Blackburn leg be played Monday.

Not far fetched - we played Liverpool and Arsenal in 48 hours - AND LOST (another thing that I am sure Allerdyce may look at - he ain't daft !)

EDIT

I forgot - we cant play Monday - we've got West Ham Sunday !! - (which just shows how hard it would be to re-arrange two games)

mark my words - if Thursday is off - the Villa Park leg will be Wednesday.

Mark my words, if Thursday is off the game at Ewood will be rearrnaged for next Wednesday. It is not a case of reissuing tickets, as those that were valid for the game on Weds will simply be valid for whenever the rearranged fixture is.b The integrity of holding a draw would have to be upheld.

What I am saying is it would be logistcally impossible for Villa to do it, and we would presumably have to bite the bullet and play the home leg first.

Think about it.

We have sold over 40,000 tickets for a game that is happening next week. If it was re-arranged, Villa would have to re-issue all those tickets for an unconfirmed date (in itself virtually impossible). Look at this week, they had a 100 or so returns and that had to be done on a voucher basis - can you imagine 40,000 tickets to do !

We would also lose TV revenue as, any other week there are premier fixtures, FA Cup or Champions League on the telly - so we wouldn't be on TV

If we re-arranged it - first of all we would have to get Arsenals permission, which they may give, but I bloody doubt Arsenal will create their own fixture pile up that could cost them the league and Champions League for our benefit - it won't happen.

So the next possible date is Feb 3rd (although dont know if Blackburn have any commitments).

Just play the Villa leg on Wednesday and least they only have to worry about a logistical nightmare re-arranging one game - or re-arrange both and it will cause chaos.

Don't you think the Villa have had to book and pay for police assistance for next Wednesday. What happens if Blues are playing Feb 3rd , are Burney playing next Wednesday at home ...etc....etc....etc......

It would cause chaos - mark my words - if Thursday is off - the Villa Park leg will be Wednesday.

The only option Villa would have is to request the Blackburn leg be played Monday.

Not far fetched - we played Liverpool and Arsenal in 48 hours - AND LOST (another thing that I am sure Allerdyce may look at - he ain't daft !)

This is why there is a very strong chance it will be on. Blackburn, as was said earlier in the thread, have got several diggers etc. to remove snow that could potentially fall and such. Doesn't sound like a team that wants it called off to me.

Think about it.

This is why there is a very strong chance it will be on. Blackburn, as was said earlier in the thread, have got several diggers etc. to remove snow that could potentially fall and such. Doesn't sound like a team that wants it called off to me.

Even though they're chasing the impossible dream of undermining the integrity of every two-legged draw in world football? :crylaugh:

Think about it.

Even though they're chasing the impossible dream of undermining the integrity of every two-legged draw in world football? :crylaugh:

:lol::thumb:

Some people don't half come out with some rubbish! The game will be on anyway, so this shouldn't even be an issue.

Think about it.

EDIT

I forgot - we cant play Monday - we've got West Ham Sunday !! - (which just shows how hard it would be to re-arrange two games)

The football league would delay the final before they sanctioned swapping home advantage around for a 2 legged tie.

On a side note, the Lancashire Telegraph reports yesterday that BRFC are 'hoping' for a gate of 20,000 (including Villa fans) tomorrow, although they have only sold 11,500 tickets to home fans. I know we already knew it, but what disgraceful support.

Think about it.

EDIT

Sorry mate... But this has to be the most ludicrous post of the year and still only in january!.. As sure as night follows day villa will play the away leg first... even if it snows till march!

On a side note, the Lancashire Telegraph reports yesterday that BRFC are 'hoping' for a gate of 20,000 (including Villa fans) tomorrow, although they have only sold 11,500 tickets to home fans. I know we already knew it, but what disgraceful support.

I hate to tempt fate, but:

1. We have MUCH better support (sorry for stating the obvious).

2. We have a FAR superior team.

3. They have key players injured, we have no fresh doubts.

4. We have more players in our first team that have never reached a final (therefore in theory, more determination to get there)

5. We play away first, then take them back to ours (which is the favoured scenario).

6. We beat them a couple of weeks ago, and they have just come off the back of a demoralising loss at Eastlands. Allardyce has been quoted as saying that some of his players have jepodised their chances of starting the Cup Semi because of their poor performances (which is hardly inspiring confidence in his team or their own chances).

Quite simply, we will NEVER have a better chance of getting back to Wembley. And if we can't beat this pathetic club over two legs, then we don't bloody deserve to get there!

Come On You Villaaaaa Boyssssss 8)

4. We have more players in our first team that have never reached a final (therefore in theory, more determination to get there)

5. We play away first, then take them back to ours (which is the favoured scenario).

Quite simply, we will NEVER have a better chance of getting back to Wembley. And if we can't beat this pathetic club over two legs, then we don't bloody deserve to get there!

Mmmmm See leeds utd at OT...

Massively different circumstances to be fair though mate. You can't really use that as an example.

Massively different circumstances to be fair though mate. You can't really use that as an example.

Not really mate... you cant say leeds winning at ot was not an upset?..