The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Khan proving that his pitfalls are not down to Roach. Khan has no defence, no chin, no intelligence = bum.

Khan never troubled Diaz.

He landed on him quite a lot but he never hurt Diaz once.

Khan was hurt multiple times by a lightweight.

Based on this I'd say that Khan is finished, the brutal beating Garcia gave him in round 4 of their fight has ended him. Can't wait to see him get KO'd some time soon, best believe it will happen if Diaz can hurt him so bad.

To put Diaz in perspective he was KO'd by a shot Kendall Holt 2 or 3 years ago LOL

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Listened to a bit of it on the radio. Fair play it sounded like a exicting fight, but to make out it shows Khan as championship material is a bit odd. Sure he has the skills but yet again doesnt have the chin. He seems a decent guy but he isnt going to change and I cant seem him being one of the UK greats.

Sorry but he doesn't have the skills at all, he has no defence, that is a major skill in boxing. His footwork is also garbage.

All he has is exceptional handspeed, that does not = great skills. It is just one great skill but he is seriously deficient in pretty much every other department. One other thing that is clearly overrated in Khan is his power, he is pretty much a pitty-pat flurry-er, he is not a big puncher at all whatsoever.

Rite then chaps I'm off to bed, no all nighter for me tonight.

Last week I was awake for 24 hours to watch the canello fight and the week before I was up. For 24 hours to watch the Donaire fight.

Fortunately Martinez v Murray isn't much incentive for me to stay up all night so I'm getting some much needed shut eye, got it set to record so I can watch it in the morning

Just had to work the shittiest of all Saturday afternoon shifts which meant I got to miss all of the football and the boxing.  :(

WGDJzHr.gif

So all I can offer this evening is a gif of Ali doing some of the fastest footwork ever. 

I didn't have Martinez winning that.

I had it 114-113 to Murray

He done a good job kept his guard up well and grew into the fight, dropped him twice, I think he done enough, maybe he could have done more in the 12th to swing it in his favor

Martinez has turned a corner and now all roads lead over the hill. He frankly didn't have much snap in his punches and his reflexes have slowed, boxing with his hands down yet getting tagged a hell of a lot.

Now I actually agreed with the Lederman card and scored it 114-113 Martinez, but if that knock down in round 10 would have been correctly ruled I would have given it to Murray by a point.

Martinez apparently broke his left hand again, so his body is breaking down at this advanced age, he is basically finished and should avoid Golovkin like the plague. I also would back Chavez Jnr to beat him in a rematch.

Â