The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Rumours that Joyce vs Chisora is going to be announced for July. Just when boxing is going through its best spell in years, it shoots itself in the foot with absolute s***e like that. 😠

29 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Rumours that Joyce vs Chisora is going to be announced for July. Just when boxing is going through its best spell in years, it shoots itself in the foot with absolute s***e like that. 😠

will laugh if it is PPV (actually will cry) 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

will laugh if it is PPV (actually will cry) 

Wouldn't put it past Warren trying to sell it as PPV.

It's headlining the O2 as well. Will be lucky to do 2-3k tickets.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’ll be PPV for sure

who in their right mind, 'War' Chisora ffs. 

Joyce could not shift PPV even on the up  

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

who in their right mind, 'War' Chisora ffs. 

Joyce could not shift PPV even on the up  

It's been announced. It's an absolute disgrace. Chisora is 40, has 13 defeats and is showing massive signs of CTE. Joyce got stopped twice brutally by Zhang and is 38. Disgrace of a fight.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

It's been announced. It's an absolute disgrace. Chisora is 40, has 13 defeats and is showing massive signs of CTE. Joyce got stopped twice brutally by Zhang and is 38. Disgrace of a fight.

It will be amusing to see what they title the clash as ‘ rumble in the care home’ 

It’s incredible Chisora has made a career out of not being knocked out by Klitchsco 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

It will be amusing to see what they title the clash as ‘ rumble in the care home’ 

It’s incredible Chisora has made a career out of not being knocked out by Klitchsco 

'Rumble who ends up in a vegetative state first'

4 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Had to Google these two. Probably due to my not really caring about heavyweights these days, but I thought “are these guys who only fight in England?”, and a quick Google of their records shows that I am mostly right, especially re: Joyce 🤣

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Heavyweights have to up their with the worse whe it comes to not knowing when to stop. Ali, Smoking Joe, Larry Holmes, Bowe and Evander are one's that really stand out.

Foreman.... 48 when he eventually retired. 👨‍🦯

12 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Foreman.... 48 when he eventually retired. 👨‍🦯

But he took a long time out prior to coming back to beat Moorer. Hence, he doesn't sound so "slurred" as those I previously named. But Yeah, no one should be boxing at 48.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

But he took a long time out prior to coming back to beat Moorer. Hence, he doesn't sound so "slurred" as those I previously named. But Yeah, no one should be boxing at 48.

I was just pointing out his age tbh, but yeah, he was out for quite a while before coming back in fairness. Still was a piss take and highlighted how bad the HW division was at that time. 

Garcia's B sample has also come back positive for PED's unsurprisingly. Hopefully that now means the commission involved can ban him for a long long time.

Thought Taylor may have looked drained at the weight considering he's had a lot of trouble making the weight for the last few years, but he looks really good and not drained in the slightest.

Think it's got the potential to be a really dirty fight.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 11:34, Genie said:

Mike Tyson still going 

There's a massive difference between  exhibition and competitive. Even though you could make a case that maybe Tyson had one fight too many. 

He took some awful punishment from Lewis. It was painful to watch. I still say to this day, Tyson was never the same fighter once Kevin Rooney left his corner. That really was a special Trainer/Fighter relationship. 

Posted (edited)

I think Hearn makes a very good point with his remark about "Taylor being under appreciated." You can't question the resume and he is definitely a future Hall of Famer. I do think, sadly, he may be on the decline but take nothing away from the man, he is up there with the very best of British boxers imo.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â