General Chat

Stevo985

I can't stand people who really hiss when making an S sound.

My form tutor through years 7-11 did this so much. That's what English people sound to like foreigners apparently. Hissers.

"Like" is pretty much used at the end of every sentence over here in Cork. "Do you know what I mean, like" being the most common sentence.

The Cork accent. Fffffuuuuuuuuu.

:D

:(

I'm used to the hate by now  :P. Being from the south side I don't actually have a very strong accent (probably still sounds like gibberish to the untrained ear though). 

Edited by packoman

It's the intonation of the typical (strong) accent that gets me. I've no problem understanding what's actually being said.

No no. If it was any other club's supporter you'd probably say 'bell end'. I don't want to be that guy.

relax its going on the shed :D

I choose not to believe you :D

No no. If it was any other club's supporter you'd probably say 'bell end'. I don't want to be that guy.

But if they didn't support Villa, that statement would be true, where as if they did support Villa, it wouldn't :thumb:

• Like 1

relax its going on the shed :D

I choose not to believe you :D

I have no room on my tiny house to put it anyway

Well i think that would work too. But considering most people don't have access to sea water, I think sea salt is the alternative.

There is no difference between "sea salt" and table salt. Except price.

I don't think that's true. Table salt contains iodide, which is an irritant, ergo not the best thing to be bathing in

Speaking of Cork (LOL at the durty Duuuuublin types having a go our sweet, lilt of the gods accent) there was a guy who lived around the corner from me who had a White Hart Lane name plate on his hovel. Kinda cringy tbh when you saw it.

Speaking of Cork (LOL at the durty Duuuuublin types having a go our sweet, lilt of the gods accent) there was a guy who lived around the corner from me who had a White Hart Lane name plate on his hovel. Kinda cringy tbh when you saw it.

Stoooooory bud. I don't have the duuuurty accent :) (and no I'm not D4 either ...)

there is a section of dublin that have american accents ...wtf is that abooooot aye

Galway's accent is by far the worst, which is a shame, because they have the prettiest ladies.

Although I was in the middle of some backwater outside Dublin a few years back, getting a filthy fish supper, and I'm utterly convinced that the population was 95% attractive females between the ages of 20-35.

Â