General Chat

Stevo985

Nope, I do the same.

I've watched said documentary and also have a little fascination with that stuff. I'm sure BOF has said in the past that he does too.

I do, yes, and as an avid grand prix history buff I have a library of some of the more gruesome stuff. Have you ever seen the full video of Tom Pryce's death? :( Not good.

Nope, I do the same.

I've watched said documentary and also have a little fascination with that stuff. I'm sure BOF has said in the past that he does too.

I do, yes, and as an avid grand prix history buff I have a library of some of the more gruesome stuff. Have you ever seen the full video of Tom Pryce's death? :( Not good.

Thats the fire extinguisher incident right. It's **** horrible

Nope, I do the same.

Yup, more times than I'd like to admit.

Roger WIlliamson is another harrowing one

The worst one for me is Gilles Villeneuve as he was also IMO the greatest loss ever to F1, and I include Ayrton Senna in that.

high maintenance.

How did you do that?

easy peasy.

Don't worry.

high maintenance.

How did you do that?

You just quoted it so you can see the code involved.

After all the fun I had with this before.

There was a french guy who had a really bad one. Jackie Stewart's sort of protege from what I remember

Hit a barrier and it sliced him in half. I saw it on a documentary once but couldn't find much about it afterwards

See, now I've had to go and watch that. Pretty rough.

The backstory to it still boils my blood and it's why I haaaate Didier Pironi and think he got everything he deserved in the end.

There was a french guy who had a really bad one. Jackie Stewart's sort of protege from what I remember

Hit a barrier and it sliced him in half. I saw it on a documentary once but couldn't find much about it afterwards

That would be Francois Cevert.

See, now I've had to go and watch that. Pretty rough.

The backstory to it still boils my blood and it's why I haaaate Didier Pironi and think he got everything he deserved in the end.

That would be Francois Cevert.

There's a video of Stewart talking him through how to take a particular corner before the fatal race. He then died in that exact corner. Not sure whether he heeded Stewart's advise or not, not that it matters.

Yeah I remember in whatever it was that I watched, Stewart saying that he assumed that was how he'd crashed, by taking the corner in a llower gear than Stewart would have had, and so less traction.

It certainly looks that way from the video I was watching on youtube.

Interestingly, we seem to have unearthed a rather unusual correlation between regular gym goers and Formula 1 death enthusiasts.

Edited by Shillzz

Nope, I do the same.

I have just watched it on youtube - absolutely horrendous. I wasnt even aware of this incident before. Possibly the worst, most horrific formula 1 tradgedy of all time.

Nope, I do the same.

I do, yes, and as an avid grand prix history buff I have a library of some of the more gruesome stuff. Have you ever seen the full video of Tom Pryce's death?  :( Not good.

I have just watched it on youtube - absolutely horrendous. I wasnt even aware of this incident before. Possibly the worst, most horrific formula 1 tradgedy of all time.

Try the Roger Williamson one.

What you can actually see is much less gory. But for me that one is way way more harrowing.

Imagine how long it would have taken him to die and Purley had to stand there listening to him scream.

Makes me shudder.

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah I've seen that one before, purley is a true human being. The sad part is that no one helped because they all assumed it was Purleys car that was on fire and seeing him out of it just drove past. Such a shame.

As I am not really a formula 1 fan I am not aware of these incidents apart from the Ayrton Senna one, which everyone knows about. Those who complain it's not as exciting as it used to be should take note of how much safer the sport is now. I don't think I'm gonna watch anymore to be honest.

• Like 1

Â