Who wins and how?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and how?

• Khan by T/KO
    • Khan on points
    • Draw
    • Kotelnik by T/KO
    • Kotelnik on points

I dont understand what people's problems are with him?! he is a dedicated professional, British and a world champion, that will do for me........Well done Amir Khan

Nor do I a lot of people seem to dislike British sportsmen for some reason

I train for a very low level at kickboxing and I can see how much dedication these guys must have to give

Full respect well done Amir

Khan easily.

It will be anything but easy for him.

It was piss easy for him :winkold:

Won it behind his jab as I expected

Shouldn't have been easy for him but it was strangely a walk in the park. I eagerly await his ducking of Maidana though ;)

Khan easily.

It will be anything but easy for him.

It was piss easy for him :winkold:

Won it behind his jab as I expected

Shouldn't have been easy for him but it was strangely a walk in the park. I eagerly await his ducking of Maidana though ;)

Told you not to bet on him mate :P

Fantastic performance by Khan. Was mature throughout. Freddie Roach has done wonders, just worried about his health though, parkinson's really effecting him by the looks of it. Don't know how long he can carry on.

what a bullshit champion, threw loads of punches that have no effect, then ran off. art of boxing is bullshit people pay for a fight.

So the other guy who did a hell of a lot less should have won then?

Khan threw 870 odd punches compared to 400 odd from Kotelnik hardly throwing and running away

what a bullshit champion, threw loads of punches that have no effect, then ran off. art of boxing is bullshit people pay for a fight.

At the end of the day, he fought a flawless fight. He's the one going home with the title and a decent payday ahead of him. Can't blame him.

7-4 Khan.

:shock:

how the heck did kotelnik win 4 rounds?? you must be the worse judge ever!! 2 at most if being kind. knew kotelnik was average at best.

Anyone see cleverley fight? surely the best young prospect in the world

7-4 Khan.

how the heck did kotelnik win 4 rounds?? you must be the worse judge ever!! 2 at most if being kind. knew kotelnik was average at best.

How do you define 'young'?

Yeah, and how do you define 'best prospect in the world'?

...Because if you seriously think Nathan Cleverly is 'the best prospect in the world' you ain't got a clue about boxing. Sure, he's a good fighter, but Cleverly isn't even the best prospect in Wales.

...Because if you seriously think Nathan Cleverly is 'the best prospect in the world' you ain't got a clue about boxing. Sure, he's a good fighter, but Cleverly isn't even the best prospect in Wales.

tell me of a better prospect then??? and in wales?? lol.

7-4 Khan.

What is 7 + 4?!

Good job you didn't see my 12 round scorecard then!

I had Kotelnik taking the last two or three rounds and one or two earlier in the fight, but some were close.

Dominant performance from Khan though and as expected Roach has worked wonders. Khans defence is sound now and he seems to be able to listen to Roach and follow the gameplan so those two could be great together.

A better prospect in world boxing?

Rigondeaux, Jacobs, Ward, Alexander, Peterson, Korobov, Sutherland, DeGale, Saunders, Gavin, Lara etc etc

Even Gamboa, Juanma, Berto, Linares, Khan if they still count as prospects.

A better prospect in world boxing?

Rigondeaux, Jacobs, Ward, Alexander, Peterson, Korobov, Sutherland, DeGale, Saunders, Gavin, Lara etc etc

Even Gamboa, Juanma, Berto, Linares, Khan if they still count as prospects.

Cleverly isn't even the best prospect at 175 IMO. Shumenov holds that distinction.

I think Kell Brook is the most likely to be the next BIG thing in UK boxing, to early to judge the Olympians IMO until they move up from fighting the Journey men.

In regards to the Olympians, i'm sick and fecking tired of hearing 'Shit on the Villa' everytime Gavin is fighting, the brain dead knuckle draggers arent doing him any favours IMO.

What a great fight, Khan looked excellent and really showed serious mental strength throughout.

Found out he didn't have the power early on and I would say boxed impeccably for his first serious test of his mentality.

Rubbish way to a win a title (in that he fought someone fairly average) but then I guess you have to progress and he is very young. Not sure on that performance they should be talking about Hatton, think a bit of power would have left Khan a little stunned but still excellent.

Hopefully though he can add some more power to his punches because he is going to find himself on the wrong end of a few beatings in the coming years if not.

All in all though, excellent stuff, he made 12 rounds without taking any serious hits with a guy who has never been knocked out, let alone knocked down and beat him conclusively.

Â