The Ashes: Fourth Test at Trent Bridge...

ChrisVillan

What will the result of the Fourth Test be?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the Fourth Test be?

• England Win, Series Is Alive And Kicking
    • Australia Win, Ashes Stay Put
    • Draw

163-8

Dear oh dear oh dear!

Where have all the aussies gone? Usurped by the best team in the world!

Any comments from our friends down under on that fantastic catch by Strauss?

As we say in football: 'who are ya? who are ya?'

There was a cricket phone in on talksport after the Old Trafford game when we drew and this snotty aussie woman rang up and said she was releived becasue she hates losing to England and how shite England are blah blah blah.........

I hope she is watching now, because you are LOSING TO ENGLAND!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:twisted:

Ok... so, now Australia are 220 odd for 4... (or for any australians reading this, 4 for 220 odd)

If you were Michael Vaughan, would you have enforced the follow on?

I definitely would have... Even if the remaining Aussie batsmen do a "VVS/Dravid", it was still the right decision... can't go back into bat if it's going to rain on the fifth day

The fact that Australia haven't been forced to follow on since 1988 is astounding to me!...

Let's hope England take 6 quick wickets on the morrow!

Can't argue with the decision to make them follow on. It is always more likely to be a little more difficult to get a side out second time (exceept it seems when it's England following on). We were a missed stumping from having the top 5 out at stumps last night, just a bit worried how much we will miss Simon Jones if he's unable to bowl today. could proove a tense finish if australia get a lead around 200.

Lets get them out for 350-400 - then we can comfortably chase 100-150.

Dunno, ED. You've done your best to hash up the last 2 tests from easy winning positions. What makes you think 100 will be easy for you? :winkold:

Seriously - only your notoriously bad weather will save Australia in this test. What I would'nt give for an Aussie batsman in form! Not one of them is any good at the mo. Hayden - who are ya? Clarke - where are you?

And don't start going on about England's "world class" bowlers. Yes, they have been bowling well, but if they were world class you wouldn't struggle to get Lee, Warne and McGrath out in a test match as you have in the last 2.5 tests.

Seriously - only your notoriously bad weather will save Australia in this test.

The Forecast is GOOD

Never said it wasn't......

... though a GOOD forecast must be cause enough for celebration for you lot. It's a bit like a blue moon, innit? :winkold:

I repeat, ONLY your notoriously bad weather will save Australia in this test.

Shame that wont happen.

I dunno, I might start to get nervous if we don't get a couple quick.

I honestly don't think you have much to worry about. We are witnessing the end of an era in cricket....

... and possibly the beginning of another one - yours.

Hoggard's just got Gilchrist!

That should calm you down DDID :D

It was good timing wasn't it?

I feel a little better, but also know how dangerous Warne can be. A lead over 150 and the Aussies have a chance. Maybe not to win, but if it rains tommorow.....

Â