Nice Looking Two Up Top

Claret&Blue

Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?

• Super Kev - Angel
    • Super Kev - Mee-lan
    • Angel - Mee-lan
    • I'm an annoying pessimist and I still don't think Milan will sign
    • All three!

With the imminent arrival of our Czech mate, who would you put as your front two? Personally, I'd go for Super Kev and Mee-lan at the moment but if Angel finds his form there could be a right quandary for DOL.

To be fair I just don't know - I depends on how they look at practice I would guess -

Well, a little hasty I voted for Kevin and Baros, but while thinking about it I would like to see Kevin with JPA again to begin with. Think Baros maybe will need a little time to settle in, and then we may see. It's a hard question, but hopefully they'll all be good and it will be the matter of the form of the day that will decide. A hard question after only one game and you haven't even seen Baros in a Villa-shirt yet. You might never do it. Even if I honestly think we will.

i'd go for all three. but that will never happen because we don't have any balls.

what! Elies has cut back on expenditure to such an extent that we now have no balls to play with. :shock:

blimey.

mosquiito spray. Footballs. They'll be playing naked next. 8)

I would like all three with JPA playing his playmaker role a bit behind. That would be one wicked attack force.

And JPA isnt just the only playmaker we have, but he is also a very good one. Leaving him out cant do us any good IMHO. And he has a lot more to say in our attacking play then people might think.

I would like all three with JPA playing his playmaker role a bit behind. That would be one wicked attack force.

And JPA isnt just the only playmaker we have, but he is also a very good one. Leaving him out cant do us any good IMHO. And he has a lot more to say in our attacking play then people might think.

Well, it's interesting idea of attacking and maybe it could make us some goals, but how would it be with the defending part? Think we'd be a little weak at the back. If we not play, say, DJ, Berson and McCann, but that would mean Solano and Berger on the bench. Maybe a 4-3-3 with JPA as a target-player, Baros and KP on the flanks, Solano as an attacking midfielder and McCann and DJ covering up. Or Berson or Davis or someone else instead of DJ. That place is pretty hard competition for.

On current form (i know its early) iwould have to say Milan and SuperKev, but if Angel turn it around I think he and any of the other two would be the better option.

However TRL makes a goos point, but is DOL really going to go with that system?? I have my doubts......

surely the point of having three quality strikers is not to have a prefered two ?

we should rotate them and pick a pairing depending on opposition

and i'm 100% sure that's what we'll do

not 'first' choice two. just three and Luke when needed to pick as DOL sees fit for each game

Angel just behind and a playmaker! Maybe for the other team.

All Ive seen him do recently is give stupid fouls away and pass backwards. Tapping the ball out wide for a good cross once in the last game does not make you a playmaker!

A playmaker is the key to attacking movement. He has the eye to see when the smart passes is to be made, to continue and start attacks. He knows when to link-up with his mates, and give them the opportunity to make a movement. He is the attacking engine of the team.

That Sir is Juan Pablo Angel.

A playmaker is the key to attacking movement. He has the eye to see when the smart passes is to be made, to continue and start attacks. He knows when to link-up with his mates, and give them the opportunity to make a movement. He is the attacking engine of the team.

That Sir is Juan Pablo Angel.

Not sure that I agree. Think Solano and Berger both are better playmakers than JPA. A lot better.

Everyone to their own opinion, and i agree Solano has the vision and touch.

Offcourse i would prefer having a midfielder as playmaker, but JPA is what we got. Thats why i would like to see JPA behind Barossshhh and SKP.

Â