Nice Looking Two Up Top

Claret&Blue

Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?

• Super Kev - Angel
    • Super Kev - Mee-lan
    • Angel - Mee-lan
    • I'm an annoying pessimist and I still don't think Milan will sign
    • All three!

How about:

-------------------------------Barossshhhh----Phillips------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------JPA----------------------------------------------

------------------Davis---------------Gavin----------------Solano/Hendrie-------------

---Barry--------------------------------------------------------------------Hughes-------

-----------------------------Laursen------------Mellberg---------------------------------

--------------------------------------Sorensen-------------------------------------------

i'd go with that, except have berger instead of davis. the 2 full-backs are more than capable of getting forward a bit and helping the midfield.....plus that gets rid of samuel. i wouldn't be surprised at all if o'leary tried this 1 out

Well I've thought all along that in some games DOL wants to play the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation that is currently en vogue.

With these three forwards he could easily play this with Baros and Angel being the wide forwards that drop back to midfield when defending and having KP as the central striker. I can only see him using this tactic in certain games though.

When its two up front - the two inform / fit strikers

How about:

-------------------------------Barossshhhh----Phillips------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------JPA----------------------------------------------

------------------Davis---------------Gavin----------------Solano/Hendrie-------------

---Barry--------------------------------------------------------------------Hughes-------

-----------------------------Laursen------------Mellberg---------------------------------

--------------------------------------Sorensen-------------------------------------------

I like the look of that. I'd give that ago and see how it works.

I swear some people on here are living in a dream world or just play champ manager to much. Just because angel is south american and wears an alice band does not mean he is a good playmaker, what has he ever showed to suggest that he could perform this role. All he does in games is pass the ball back or pass it out wide how exactly is that going to improve our creativity.

Some people love angel way to much, he has failed as a striker so now you want us to try him in another position. Anyone who has villaworld go and watch the highlights of the villa blues game the season before last were your saviour JPA missed an absolute sitter that would have won us the game. Imagine someone like barry or hendrie had done the same miss they would never be forgiven.

by costing us £10 million plus what ever wages and signing on fees he has recieved and only having one good season out of four.

I'd check your facts and recharge your memory cells as that is simply not true. (remember the season he was having under JG then GTMkII inexplicably dropped him for Crouch, he would have finished with 20 or so that season too if GT hadn't been a complete idiot). You can hardly count the GTMkII years when it comes to discussing Angel

So Angels carrer at Villa goes like this

Has trouble settling in in first half season (due to club giving no support at all - well documented)

Second season plays a blinder until GTMkII comes in and drops a Bollock by dropping our leading scorer and breaking up a winning partnership to accomodate his purchase - Peter Crouch

DOL's first season Angel is again great

Last season, injured pre-season and needed (due to squad siaze) to play far earlier than would normally be expected, has a shit season as a consequence

And the costing us £10mil thing is irrelevant, thats about £4-5mil in todays prices

Can't see where he's FAILED though, every time he's had a bad run of form, there's been a good reason for it

Jesus... the two seasons JPA has been fit and allowed to play, he has netted 16 leage goals and 12 in 20 matches?! Still failed as a striker ey?

Â