Nice Looking Two Up Top

Claret&Blue

Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you put up-front when Baros arrives?

• Super Kev - Angel
    • Super Kev - Mee-lan
    • Angel - Mee-lan
    • I'm an annoying pessimist and I still don't think Milan will sign
    • All three!

Err has Mr baros signed..............ITSOTP

Angel is crap and the mo and needs to be dropped getting top used to playing every game. If there is one player who needs to realise he aint gonna start its Jaun Pablo!

I agree that the idea is not bad, but as you said, opinions. Still, I'd prefer the one I said before, namely JPA in front of Baros and KP and Solano behind them. IMO. Still, I don't think DOL will go for any of them. :?

A playmaker is the key to attacking movement. He has the eye to see when the smart passes is to be made, to continue and start attacks. He knows when to link-up with his mates, and give them the opportunity to make a movement. He is the attacking engine of the team.

That Sir is Juan Pablo Angel.

I'm sure I watch another game in a parallel universe!

I really,really want Angel to find form again, I like him and the season before last he added some really magic to our games which made him my 4 year olds favourite player and its hard explaing to him how crap he is now. but that description is so far from the Angel I watched on Saturday it's amazing!

I am almsot certain that baros is being bought with the thought in mind that he will partner Angel. I cannot see a Phillips/Baros parternship working tbh

is Pippsy benchable at the moment?

i sort of agree with the Pippsy and Baros thing perhaps not working, as neither is a "link" player in the way JPA is.

But JPA is not playing at all well, and has not done so for some considerable time now.

If Baros comes in, at the moment it would be unfair and unwise IMO to bench the KP man.

and MB ain't coming in to warm the bench......

I think what will happen is DOL will start with Angel and KP while he has the excuse that Baros needs time to settle and then bring Baros on for 20-30 minutes at the end of games. This will give him chance to decide exactly what is the best partnership 3 games down the line.

I think the plan is that if JPA finds form(I dont think he will) the first choice will be JPA and MB, but if JPA continues as he is it will end up SKP and MB.

As for SKP not being a link player, on Saturday he was all over the pitch mucking in where ever he could!

i sort of agree with the Pippsy and Baros thing perhaps not working, as neither is a "link" player in the way JPA is.

Phillips isn't a link player?

Le Tissier was saying on Saturday how good Phillips is at linking the play and he watched him an awful lot last season.

I don't think there will be an opportunity to play all three up front. A bit risky, unless you're playing relegation type teams, however, I think there is plenty of quality amongst the bottom three or four.

I'd give Angel a chance with KP. But if it starts working out like last season for Angel, it would be Meelan and KP all the way.

How about:

-------------------------------Barossshhhh----Phillips------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------JPA----------------------------------------------

------------------Davis---------------Gavin----------------Solano/Hendrie-------------

---Barry--------------------------------------------------------------------Hughes-------

-----------------------------Laursen------------Mellberg---------------------------------

--------------------------------------Sorensen-------------------------------------------

Â