World of Warcraft

The_Rev

You can't mount when in combat - i just vanish, break combat and then mount, you'd need to leg it away from whoevers after you, and then summon the Wolf and ride through everyone else.

Most of the time you can ride through mobs and just get hit a bit on your way through, occasionally though they hit you so hard it enters you into combat and you lose your mount. No mobs I've seen have kept up with me. You can talk to npcs and deliver qs etc while on one, but you have to dismount before you can fight.

But mainly, they look cool.

I expect it seems a bit sad to the casual observer, but if you're into games at all, then this is the most amazing thing ever. Plus it saves a fortune. £8 a month as opposed to what you used to spend when you had friends and a life, brilliant!

I'm going to try and open up the whole map by the weekend. I love just wandering about picking up experience. I want a close look at that dam in he ally territory, the one on the loch you fly over on the way to Camp Garth. It's probably my favourite bit of scenery in the game, stunning!

They're all different Craig, all with strengths and weaknesses. We've got a good mix of characters in the VT "family" at the moment, so it'd be good if you chose something different as it won't take you long to get to a decent standard.

I'd suggest a mage, as they deal ridiculous amounts of damage from spells, although as they only wear cloth they take melee damage.

We've got a hunter, priest, tank, shammy, rogue, and warlock so a mage would be a good addition I reckon

Can you be a Tauren Mage? It might be like an Orc Priest, impossible.

And I doubt he'd be a good addition, he's be 40 levels below us! Though if he gets his skates on he could team up with Ju and Limpid.

BTW Riss, open up the WHOLE map by the weekend? You're having a giraffe, though I'd also like to go to that waterfall, perhaps jump off it if poss. (providing you res!)

BTW Riss, open up the WHOLE map by the weekend?

Easy peasy, just leg it round continuously. TBH I've got quite a bit already, as I went on a bit of a roam when I first got ghost wolf, even higher levels where I died continuously. I've already seen most of Azhara, the Plaguelands and the Umgoro Crater just from having a bit of a trot round.

And as for the startting now thing, it wont matter eventually as when we all get up to the top levels eventually we;ll all come closer togethert (Si and Nays were 30 levels ahead of me when I starteed now its around 10-12, the rest of you were a good 15 lvls aheads in some cases and now I'm up with you)

When were all higher lvl we'll be able to help those lower down much more easily as there'll be loads of us

It's only a month since Si and Nays were getting their mounts, and here we all are with ours too. Juju's already mid L20's I think. It's only now that I'm even beginning to get to grips with my character properly I'd say, especially in groups.

The ability tree is the key to a lot of things, Sometimes it takes me ages to decide where to put a talent point, and I nearly always end up thinking I've done the wrong thing!

It'll be ace now we've all got mounts, as we can try loads more areas than before.

If you haven't already Bicks, finish that Elven charms sea quest. It's fairly easy, and leads to loads of smaller q's for loads of XP. Go me nicely past L40 tonight, and I've got two q's in the bank as it were.

Why do I think that Taurens don't get mounts? I thought as they were so big they got Plainstrider skill instead?

We get Kodo's, trouble is they cost 90g, its not fair as a hunter that I cant just tame one, instead it costs me 15g to learn to ride it and 75g to own one. I have a lvl and a half to go and need another 60g :( that plus I get to wear mail at lvl 40 too, oh lvl 40 is so f*kin cheap :D)

Done the eleven gems, when I start today I'm on my way to booty bay to deliver a subsequent part of the quest

The 90G is the same for everybody Bicks, plus I got mail too this level. Very, very expensive, just glad I spent a couple of days grinding and leatherworking rathr than levelling. I suppose the end result is the same though. Need to start working the AH again to build my reserves back up.

Â