World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Warriors? Really? When I was playing, my mage could kill any warrior pretty much every time, even if the warrior hit first. Mind you, I could die tripping over scenery. What class were you playing?

Warriors? Really? When I was playing, my mage could kill any warrior pretty much every time, even if the warrior hit first. Mind you, I could die tripping over scenery. What class were you playing?

No, not the opposite faction ones, the ones I had to go through 5 mans with.

I started off life as a Nelf Hunter. As do all pro gamers! I play a Shadowpriest atm, Warriors are in the same class as level 1 critters to me :)

I was thinking about WoW today.

I genuinely believe that all of my best times in the game were at 60. I cant think of anything in TBC that compares to:

- Fighting at Rachet

- Defending the Crossroads

- Guild vs Guild fights in Blackrock Mountain

- When BG's were only for people on your server

- Camp Chillwind

- Tyr's Hand

- Class runs

- Epics being Epic

- Blackwing Lair

- Zul Gurub

- No flying mounts

- World PvP in Silithus

- Scuffles around Gadgetzan and trying to find "safe spots" from the guards.

- The two Timbermaw Hold places in Felwood being guaranteed world PvP

- Duelling people on the towers while waiting for the Zep, then chainfearing them when the Zep comes in so they miss it.

- Ganking lowbies in Stranglethorn Vale. Taking over Nessingwary's Expedition.

Too right Nays. Used to love real world PvP. The evenings when we used to take over Chillwind were pure class.

I should have added Orgrimmar to that list too. Still the best city for me. Probably because it felt more like "home" and was a better place to hang around in than Shatt or Dalaran.

I liked being defender of the crossroads too. I had a mod that tuned into the world defence channel and would send a message if the Crossroads was under attack. The amount of times three or four of us would head from the bank roof in Orgrimmar to the Crossroads (and you can literally go from bank roof to XR inn in 90 seconds) and clear out the Alliance who had invaded I genuinely couldnt count. It was great as you landed there unflagged too and had time to charge a Soul Fire to open with. :D

Another thing I loved about 60, and you filthy melee and healing classes might not remember this:

/y "- Get them %t, You are power infused!"

One thing I never understood about recent patches:

At the start of the game there were squishy classes. Glass cannons. You picked survivability, or you picked a great offence with a weak defence.

Classes in plate armour with the ability to heal and great avoidance against physical damage complained it took too long to kill stuff, so they got their damage potential dramatically increased while the squishies remained squishy. Why be a glass cannon when you can be a real cannon?

One thing I never understood about recent patches:

At the start of the game there were squishy classes. Glass cannons. You picked survivability, or you picked a great offence with a weak defence.

Classes in plate armour with the ability to heal and great avoidance against physical damage complained it took too long to kill stuff, so they got their damage potential dramatically increased while the squishies remained squishy. Why be a glass cannon when you can be a real cannon?

It's just one of the many things they did to bugger the game up. You've got retri paladins for example, doing unbelievable damage, with the added bonus of plate. I used to love fighting paladins as it was a real test of skill. They had little DPS but great survivavbility, and so it took ages and a lot of skill for one or the other to win.

Now all world PvP is just about who gets the first couple of hits in. If I see a mage or lock, if I attack first I'll wtfpwn them in aqbout two seconds. If they attack me first, then it's the same outcome but in reverse. They made all the classes too similar and too easy to play.

Tried my brothers level 80 DK last night.

Bro - "Right Jonny, thats your 2 dots, thats your 2 attacks, thats your 2 snares"

Jonny - "And the rest?"

Bro - "Doesnt matter"

One hour later, I'm sitting at the top of KB/dmg done boards in AB and EotS. He's Unholy spec with blue tanking gear as he only hit 80 less than a week ago.

SICK

Bro - "Right Jonny, thats your 2 dots, thats your 2 attacks, thats your 2 snares"

Jonny - "And the rest?"

Bro - "Doesnt matter"

One hour later, I'm sitting at the top of KB/dmg done boards in AB and EotS. He's Unholy spec with blue tanking gear as he only hit 80 less than a week ago.

SICK

Its called balance my good friend :winkold:

Jonny - "And the rest?"

Bro - "Doesnt matter"

SICK

Funny that, you could do the same with Paly's too. Actually they are even easier than DK's to out-dps anyone, and to be a killing machine in BG's. Also your battlegroup must suck big time if a DK in that gear can top the damage.

It gets so tiring when people complain about DK's being easy to play. I'm not just saying that because I have a level 80 DK as one of my mains. It's because people should spend more time learning to play their own class than whining about DK's being op. Maybe you should complain about Paly's instead, or Druid's, or even Hunter's? Neither of them are exactly balanced. You could go on all day whining about every class. The fact is that every class in WoW is easy to play, and it takes a retard not to be able to master them (that's not aimed at you by the way).

I've been getting itchy for some MMORPG action this past week or two but just how much Blizzard have changed their game since I played regularly has put me off even considering a return to Warcraft. I adored the game for what it was "back in the day" but these days, the magic has vanished. WoW has been put to bed for me. time for pastures new.

So, I've been hunting for something that takes my fancy in the very early hours of this morning. Aion would be my first choice but it ain't out over here for yonks due to NCSoft retooling it for a western audience.

After much deliberation, I finally decided on giving EVE Online another chance what with it having been recently retooled to be more accessible at the start. I first tried the game about a year ago and found it utterly impenetrable and indecipherable do to the overwhelming amount of character and career creation options it threw at me. However, now that they have done away with you having to pick and choose what you want to do even before entering the game world, I've had a excellent time on it this morning.

Funny that, you could do the same with Paly's too. Actually they are even easier than DK's to out-dps anyone, and to be a killing machine in BG's. Also your battlegroup must suck big time if a DK in that gear can top the damage.

It gets so tiring when people complain about DK's being easy to play. I'm not just saying that because I have a level 80 DK as one of my mains. It's because people should spend more time learning to play their own class than whining about DK's being op. Maybe you should complain about Paly's instead, or Druid's, or even Hunter's? Neither of them are exactly balanced. You could go on all day whining about every class. The fact is that every class in WoW is easy to play, and it takes a retard not to be able to master them (that's not aimed at you by the way).

OK bro :D

Ive learned not to argue with the blind :P

I've been getting itchy for some MMORPG action this past week or two but just how much Blizzard have changed their game since I played regularly has put me off even considering a return to Warcraft. I adored the game for what it was "back in the day" but these days, the magic has vanished. WoW has been put to bed for me. time for pastures new.

So, I've been hunting for something that takes my fancy in the very early hours of this morning. Aion would be my first choice but it ain't out over here for yonks due to NCSoft retooling it for a western audience.

After much deliberation, I finally decided on giving EVE Online another chance what with it having been recently retooled to be more accessible at the start. I first tried the game about a year ago and found it utterly impenetrable and indecipherable do to the overwhelming amount of character and career creation options it threw at me. However, now that they have done away with you having to pick and choose what you want to do even before entering the game world, I've had a excellent time on it this morning.

LOTRO. ;)

LOTRO. ;)

I was in the closed beta for LOTRO for a bit and as pretty as it is, it was too much of a WoW clone. Great game but I'm looking for something different.

Guild Wars is the same genre of game but totally different play style.

Gogo!

Already own Guild Wars. Played it for a couple months with The Rev and Designer1. Again, great game but its still a high fantasy which feels a bit too familiar at the moment.

I think I'll be picking up the retail version of Eve: Apocrypha tomorrow. I've really taken a shine to it despite thinking it was worse than watching paint dry when I first played it over a year ago. Completely different beast to Wow, GW, LOTRO etc and rather refreshing because of that.

Â