World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I stopped playing WOW in Feb 07. I had only had a couple of months of Burning Crusade, if that. I have a lvl 63 Mage. Having not played it (nor will I have the chance to play it till August time this year) for so long is it going to frustrate the hell out of me....has it massively moved on? Cor, what a sad individual i am.... :oops:

I stopped playing WOW in Feb 07. I had only had a couple of months of Burning Crusade, if that. I have a lvl 63 Mage. Having not played it (nor will I have the chance to play it till August time this year) for so long is it going to frustrate the hell out of me....has it massively moved on? Cor, what a sad individual i am.... :oops:

You'd soon get back into it I reckon. A week or so to get to L70, easy.

Well, BOTS have finally got it together. Cleared all bosses up to Vash on Wednesday night, then downed Vashj Thursday, followed by Al'ar and Voidreaver in TK. All thanks to me and Sam ofc!

guys im a wow nub whats the best way to get gladiator armour and weapons in the arena i dont think i can get a 2v2 team is it possible to do it so u get random allies? ive heard u only have to be there and dont neccessarily have to win

For what its worth, blue posters are releasing details about 2.4

General

* Characters will now retain talented spell ranks so when they retalent they do not have to relearn the spells from trainers. (Source)

* Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities. (Source)

* Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world. (Source)

Items

* Once every 24 hours, through Enchanting (not Alchemy) you'll be able to split a Void Crystal into two Large Prismatic Shards. This is through a new recipe that's being added in 2.4. (Source)

* Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped. (Source)

* Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland. (Source)

* Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result. (Source)

* Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time. (Source)

PvP

Arenas

* Shadow Sight in patch 2.4 is now going to increase damage taken by 5% rather than dealing damage over time. The duration has also been reduced from 21 seconds to 15 seconds. (Source)

PvP

* Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality (blue) PvP items from reputation vendors in Outland. (Source)

* We've reached a point where we're now confident that applying diminishing returns to honor is no longer necessary, and we're currently planning to remove it with the 2.4 patch. (Source)

* Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will not be worth any honor, and if a player dies 50 times or more during a battleground they won’t be worth any honor for the remainder of that battle. (Source)

* What the removal of diminishing returns means for you is that as soon as you defeat an opponent that rewards you honor, you will receive that honor, and you will be able to spend it right then. There will no longer be an estimate, and you will no longer need to wait until the next day until you can actually spend it. Your achievements through honor-based PvP will be instantaneous. (Source)

Dungeons and Raids

* All 25-player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token! (Source)

* All 25-player raid bosses will drop more gold. (Source)

* Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped. (Source)

* Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased. (Source)

* Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate. (Source)

Professions

* A new daily quest will be added for fishing. It's available from "the mysterious old man" near Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath. (Source)

Interface

* When you loot a Bind on Pickup item that only you can pick up (such as Heroic Badges) you'll no longer see the confirmation dialog. (Source)

* When you loot a Bind of Pickup item the confirmation window is going to list the name of the item in the window/ (Source)

Druid

* The Feral bears will be seeing an improvement with Lacerate dealing additional damage based on your attack power. (Source)

Hunter

Mage

* Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff. (Source)

* Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time. (Source)

Paladin

* Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result.

Priest

* Priests will now be able to use Fear Ward while in Shadow Form. (Source)

Rogue

Shaman

* Healing grace will reduce the chance that all of your spells will be dispelled by 10/20/30%. (Source)

Warlock

* Patch 2.4 will remove the restriction for Ritual of Summoning that prevents you from summoning players into instances. Provided the player meets the instance requirements, you'll be able to summon them in from anywhere in the world. (Source)

Warrior

* Endless rage will now yields the correct amount of rage (25%). (Source)

* Off-hand weapon can now critical hits from Whirlwind trigger Flurry and Rampage (Source)

Thats just what mmo-champion.com have cobbled together from the forums. Full notes will probably come out over the weekend.

Unlikely. Unless the game has changed beyond belief in the three weeks since i last logged in, Paladins will never, ever, ever be taken as DPS. If you look at high end raiding ( Black Temple and Hyjal ) then you will see that Rogues are dominating damage meters and well represented in terms of numbers.

The class isnt bad in PvE at all. Nor PvP. Its just that a lot of Rogues are competing for not many spots. If you have just dinged then its your gear, not your class thats the problem. Especially if you are competing with people that have been 70 since Janurary 2007. Reti gear getting a bit more strength on it at the extent of intellect wont change much.

The fact that Kazzak and Doomwalker gear is BOE now is interesting. Check your AH for some nice epics..

Don't think I've ever been in a single instance, heroic or raid with a retri paladin. Tanks and healers, loads of times, but never a "DPS". I don't think rogues have got much to worry about.

Â