World of Warcraft

The_Rev

- The rogues in your guild brag about 1700 crit sinister strikes, then say it's overpowered for you to heal yourself for 1150.

ROFL, this guy knows me

Jesus christ the mods on this site need to dig in their **** pocket for some humour. You post a dinasour picture on the front page, and its all havoc. The Sun gets to have page 3, but im not even allowed some wildlife!

As of right now there is no point in rolling a priest. There is a mountain of evidence that suggests priests were put into the game to be sacrificial lambs for all the other classes entertainment. My advice would be to roll a class that likes to eat lamb.

QFT, except you rarely eat what you sacrifice do you? Anyway, QFT.

I was editing a broken link Tarj. For some reason i cannot get a short link to work, and i cannot figure out why. Anyway, this is what i was writing with an uglier URL than i would have liked. If you can figure out why that link to Mankrik's wife wont link on this page though, id love to know. I assume its the apostrophe though.

Well, as my internet connection seems as willing and able to hold a connection to WoW as Mr Rubberducker's PC ill guess fill you in about that Mankrik's wife crap J.

Its a terrible injoke, which is best explained in the eight lines of text you can read here: http://wowwiki.com/Mankirk's_Wife

Basically she is an absolute bastard to find. You will encounter more of this as you level. The questgivers tend to get more and more vague as to where you need to go the higher up the quest is. Its entirely a timesink in my opinion, but of course by now people have made websites to give you a helping hand when you get stuck on a quest.

The most popular ones are allakhazam.com and thottbot.com

They cover pretty much every quest in the game. Often you will just see co ordinates as to where you need to go. The co ordinates were first introduced by a mod called cosmos if im correct. Its pretty straightforward, you can install a program into your game to show co ordinates, which are just taken as being the horizontal and vertical distance from the corner of your screen. They do make life a lot less frustrating though.

Anyway, you can add this to your game in a number of ways if you are interested.

There are lots of websites out there devoted to it. ui.wow and curse are probably the most popular.

Just slipping a little map mod into the game can really help. You would download one from one of the sites to somewhere on your hard drive, extract it and then install it at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns (or whatever your filepath is. If you dont have interface and AddOns folders in your game yet, just create them)

Cartographer is pretty nifty, though it will need a mod called Ace2 to also be installed

You can go a whole step further and install premade UI's. They generally include lots of neat features that the default UI doesnt include and can enhance the game quite a lot. Some people dont like them, some people have fun playing with them, most people are in the middle somewhere.

If i hadnt spent so long making mine from components of individual parts, this is probably what i would have done. Photeks UI seems very popular at the moment And Grimpack is still the highest rated premade mod on wow.ui

I think it helps if you play in the same resolution as the guy who made it though. Most are 1280x1024

They generally all look quite pretty, include a lot of functionality and make finding Mankrik's missus a fair bit faster.

For some reason i cannot get a short link to work, and i cannot figure out why. Anyway, this is what i was writing with an uglier URL than i would have liked. If you can figure out why that link to Mankrik's wife wont link on this page though, id love to know. I assume its the apostrophe though.

It is the apostrophe, but you can just delete it and short link it, cause the link will still work.

Yeah, id tinyurl it if i could be arsed, but i cant.

Before my connection decided that the best it could handle was firefox though i was having some great fun. Check this:

spellpowergc4.th.jpgvehealae1.th.jpg

Trinkets macroed to be in use for 40 of every 120 seconds, so a third of the time i was in there id be at about 1350+ spellpower)

Add Shadow Mastery (+10% to all shadow damage)

Add Curse of Shadows (+10% to all shadow damage)

Add full weaving (+15% to all shadow damage)

Add misery (+5% to all magical damage)

Add shadow vulnerability (+20% shadow damage for 12 seconds after a shadowbolt crit)

At the absolute peak, with all debuffs on a target and from the first charge of my ZG trinket (204 spellpower) it would be just insane. About 2426 effective spellpower. Huge numbers. Shame i didnt get to overaggro the bosses. :(

Trinkets macroed to be in use for 40 of every 120 seconds, so a third of the time i was in there id be at about 1350+ spellpower)

Add Shadow Mastery (+10% to all shadow damage)

Add Curse of Shadows (+10% to all shadow damage)

Add full weaving (+15% to all shadow damage)

Add misery (+5% to all magical damage)

Add shadow vulnerability (+20% shadow damage for 12 seconds after a shadowbolt crit)

At the absolute peak, with all debuffs on a target and from the first charge of my ZG trinket (204 spellpower) it would be just insane. About 2426 effective spellpower. Huge numbers. Shame i didnt get to overaggro the bosses. :(

You need a shammy with you to drop Wrath of Air (+101 spell damage) and Totem of Wrath (+3% spell hit and crit)

We had one ;)

And we did very nicely thank you despite Mr Reliable buggering off just before the first boss! We four manned the first boss, and then got a proper mage in after that (Zahrgoth). He caused a wipe on the second boss by not running out of LOS when the boss was in tree form, (despite me and Dan jumping up and down like lunatics telling him where to run before hand!). Patty died with the third boss on 1%, and Dan ninja pulled a massive pack before the fourth boss (and tried to blame it on me) but that was it, a pretty smooth run all things considered.

Just need a Mechanar run now for the last bit of Arcatraz key, and getting to the first boss in SH should get me revered so I can do heroic HC runs.

If you had me with my super seed of corruption, that tree boss would have been so dead he wouldnt have respawned for a week!

For me its the nature of the wipe.

There is a luck involved in a lot of things. Bad pulls, dodgy patrols, mobs sheeping or MC'ing the healer repeatedly can all lead to a wipe. They dont mean its been a shit run though.

For me its the nature of the wipe.

There is a luck involved in a lot of things. Bad pulls, dodgy patrols, mobs sheeping or MC'ing the healer repeatedly can all lead to a wipe. They dont mean its been a shit run though.

In my books it does :mrgreen:

A bad run for me was more to do with how people on the run reacted to the "bad luck" factor.

Those who threw tantrums and hurled blame can just **** off and die. Those who took it all in their stride, keeping the fact it's only a game in perspective, made any run no matter how many wipes a great piece of gaming.

The latter is a dying breed due to obsessive WoW addiction.

/lament.

The latter is a dying breed due to obsessive WoW addiction.

Dont think it is tbh. In fact its quite rare people get pissed by wiping, unless you play with some russian idiots.

People do though speak up when you are pointlessly doing graveyard jogs, due to some idiot finding it funny to stealth up to a boss etc. But thats healthy.

The "token arsehole" problem is different ball game altogether. Of course you can get pissed off if someone is deliberately attempting to spoil the game.

However, I'm refering to what Nayson highlighted with my comments.

Â