World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I need some advice to get inflight working again aswell. It doesnt load due to some reason. Any idea where i can find it to reinstall it? Couldnt see it on curse.

And there along with the nerf of PoM went the idea of shadowpriests in PvE.

VE nerfed, threat reduction nerfed to ****. Both making us far far worse. Unfortunatly this also makes the threat reduction and mana regen talents in shadow utter SHITE, so now the entire tree is pointless. So instead of having a good PvE tree, we have got a crap PvP tree.

Holy tier talents isnt fixed. CoH, Holy Nova, LW still is apparantly good stuff.

Our buff bot problems leaving us without the option to have a 41 pointer in holy... isnt fixed either.

Mana efficiency isnt improved.

Zero new crowd control spells, so we are stuck with fear on a 30 sec cooldown which every character in the game breaks with trinket, racial, talent or random resist.

So to sum it up. We are to be healbots without decent armour, offensive spells, crowd control. Along with shit talent points, making hybrid healers far better and more efficient in terms of anything but AoE healing.

If this is confirmed, im out.

So to sum it up. We are to be healbots without decent armour, offensive spells, crowd control. Along with shit talent points, making hybrid healers far better and more efficient in terms of anything but AoE healing.

I'm sorry, but I'll never be as good a healer as a priest, even with just about every single point in resto like I have now. Did OK in Botanica last night (apart from Izzl dying a few times, but then he only has about 5K hitpoints!) but really, you should try playing a shammy, then you'll know the meaning of pissed off.

Elemental spec was great for levelling, but in 5 man raids it's absolute guff. We do nothing like the damage of other casters, and our 41 point talent is a totem that gives 3% chance to crit. OK, but hardly inspiring, and certainly not enough to get us in most groups after the usual tank, priest, mage, rogue line up has been done. Can't get a Black Morass group to save my life. Replied to a couple of LF Healer calls in general chat the last couple of days, to be told, "resto shammy? no thanks mate." I reckon most groups would rather take a shadow priest as main healer, that's the way it seems anyway.

So I really think I'm going to bin the game off for good soon, unless something happens that makes me start to enjoy the game again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- World of Warcraft PTR Patch 2.0.10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest patch notes can always be found at

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Druids

- The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.

The typical player should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their

rage generation.

- When the duration of "Cyclone" ends, area buffs such as "Leader of

the Pack", "Tree of Life", and "Moonkin" will now be correctly

resumed.

- "Feral Charge" now removes all snaring effects.

- "Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased

health.

- "Dire Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25%

increased health. In addition, the armor bonus has been reduced from

450% to 400%.

- The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has

been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has

been reduced by the same ratio.

- "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".

- "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".

- The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from

3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.

- "Improved Leader of the Pack" can no longer get critical heals.

- The armor bonus from "Moonkin Form" has been increased from 360% to

400% (to match Dire Bear Form).

Paladins

- The slowing affect from "Avenger's Shield" is now considered a snare,

so snare removal and immunity affects will now work on it.

Priests

- The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced

to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical

heals.

- "Silent Resolve" no longer reduces threat generated by Shadow spells.

- "Prayer of Mending" now has a 20 second cooldown.

- If a targeted enemy has a magic effect granting immunity to spell or physical damage, “Mass Dispel†will now always pick that effect as its target.

Shaman

- The clearcasting effect from "Elemental Focus" now triggers on all

spell critical strikes, rather than a chance on any spell hit.

- The shaman will no longer generate additional threat when "Unleashed

Rage" triggers.

- The free Lightning spell cast from "Lightning Overload" will now

cause reduced threat.

- "Stoneclaw Totem" now has a 50% chance to stun attackers for 3 sec.

when struck.

Warlock

- "Demonic Tactics" now grants increased critical strike chance to you

and your demon pet, instead of increased damage.

- Fixed a bug where the stealthy bonus was not getting applied to the

"Eye of Kilrogg."

Warriors

- The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.

The typical player should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their

rage generation.

- All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward

slightly (about 1%).

- "Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the

tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.

- The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be

used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.

- "Charge", "Intercept", and "Intervene" now remove all snaring

effects.

- "Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed

chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower

weapons.

Huge nerfs for Druids and Priests.

Druids must have seen it coming though, and should be fairly philosophical about it. Seems Blizzard have ripped the bollocks off of Priests for no real reason though.

Shammies get buffed, and finally get some crowd control.

The pet thing which is kinda ruining flying mounts for Locks and was promised by a blue that it is gonna be fixed. Eye of killrog gets stealth back though I might cast it once a month instead of once every six weeks now.

Warriors get a much needed buff. They get their rage back and might be able to tank again at last.

Really cant see cause for the Priest nerf though. And FFS Blizz, sort our pets out with flying mounts...

... Repeating myself, but there is no other place on the game where this is true and Blizz are playing on peoples instincts here. Tempest Keep plays the same tricks as BWL did (2 hour reset on Vael in the early days, Nefarian's door stayed locked too so if you wiped and had no Soulstones available, that was it for a week) to slow people down so that they dont exhaust content so quickly.

New patchnotes:

Creatures in Tempest Keep:Botanica, Tempest Keep: Mechanar, and Tempest Keep:Arcatraz no longer respawn as rapidly.

Yep. Predictable or what?

The Stoneclaw Totem will be a bit more use in grinding if you get a multiple pull, but I can't see many players being stupid enough to hit it!

The elemental focus buff looks quite nice though, although I'm not sure if I've understood it properly. It used to have a 10% chance to proc, now if it happens after every crit, it'll be more like 30% for the average elemental shammy. Which if that's right, will at least stop us going oom after 60 seconds.

The wording is fairly muddy though, and if previous patchnotes are anything to go by it could mean that the Stoneclaw totem has a 50% chance to stun somebody who strikes the Shaman?

Or is the Stoneclaw totem that thing that you guys use as a taunt? I cant remember. :?

The Stoneclaw Totem will be a bit more use in grinding if you get a multiple pull, but I can't see many players being stupid enough to hit it!

Brilliant.

"Shamans dont get CC" according to Bliz, even though we are the only class without any.

Now we do...

....but it's as useless as the rest of our class.

This game is giving me the Tom Tits lately. I have to beg my guild to get into an instance - which isn't working - and have run a total of 1 PUG instance in the last 2 weeks.

I have been playing for over a year now - and I no longer see the point in keeping this character. And I couldn't be arsed levelling another one.

I dont get it.

I like healing, i like PvE, so ive been a lot of holy. Beeing holy means you cant grind. You cant pvp on your own. You cant make money. You dont get enchants, potions, respecs or epic mounts.

So what we asked for was a new crowd control spell, not to use and kill people, but get away. Just surviving once in a pvp encounter would have been fun. So the only ability close to this got nerfed and nothing new added.

Shadow is down to PvP again, disc is clearly a survival tree, but useless in PvE. Holy is just shit at every major tier.

Dont think im gonna keep on with this either. Its getting tedious. Why pay money for something which isnt fun. Might aswell try out Vanguard or fps a bit.

The the mighty PS on a 30 sec cooldown which everyone can break with trinket, racial or talents. The spell which is nerfed like a mofo making it close to useless.

Still the classes who actually can do damage has the best crowd control. Funny thing.

Fear is the easiest CC on the game to break. There are numerous ways to break it both on yourself or on others. A lot also grant immunity to further fears for a period of time.

Berzerker Rage (Warrior) *

Beast Within (Hunter) *

Cleanse (Paladin)

Death Wish (Warrior) *

Devour Magic (Warlock)

Dispel Magic (Priest)

Divine Shield (Paladin)*

Fear Ward (Priest - Racial)

Glimmering Mithril Insignia (Blacksmithing 225. Common in PvP focussed players)*

Ice Block (Mage)*

Insignia of the Alliance/Horde (Druid, Mage, Rogue, Paladin, Priest, Warlock, Warrior)

Mass Dispel (Priest)

Recklessness (Warrior)*

Spellstone (Warlock)

Tremor Totem Effect (Shaman)

Will of the Forsaken (Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior - Racial)*

*all provide immunity as well as a break.

There are also a lot of ways to increase your resists to fear in the game.

Cloak of Shadows (Rogue)

Nerves of Steel (Rogue, Combat)

Primal Tenacity (Druid, Feral)

Prayer of Shadow Protection (Priest)

Shadow Resistance Aura (Paladin)

Unbreakable Will (Priest, Discipline)

Ive probably missed a bunch too, but you get the idea.

Its annoying as a Lock, but with two fear spells, one that isnt on any kind of cooldown there are ways around it. For a Priest, well, Fear isnt really that good a Crowd Control spell.

Stoneclaw Totem is the one that draws agro. The CC will be fine for grinding, but useless for PvE. As for Tremor Totem, useless doesn't begin to describe it!

Anyway, bought Vanguard today, going to give that a try.

Â