World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Think im gonna switch to Holy spec tonight. I know im gonna miss my shadow so much, but i just have to try holy. Anyway, if someone could borrow me some money, as i dont think i can afford it all.

Anyway, holy will improve our instance runs though.

I still need a decent hat. So Scholo (Dreadmist) or Strat (Crimson Felt) are what im going for.

I also need a decent staff, decent trousers, and the Moltern Core and Onixya keys.

Think im gonna switch to Holy spec tonight. I know im gonna miss my shadow so much, but i just have to try holy. Anyway, if someone could borrow me some money, as i dont think i can afford it all.

To be honest Tarj, do you need to?

Ive found your healing to be excellent in the instances ive done with you.

I respecced last night from 31 ele 20enh (well I would have been at L60) ie mostly casting and some melee including the guaranteed crit elemental mastery, to 30 ele and 21 resto, so I can have the much talked about Nature's Swiftness. At 60 most guilds want shammies to be back up helaers to priests, so I thought I'd use these to levels to get some practice at it.

NS gives us what most people consider our "OP" talent, the chance to do a full, instant heal (it instantly casts any nature spell inc heals). I've had to sacrifice a lot to get it though, including the ability to use 2H axes and maces, plus all my nice melee talents. It's 21 points in the resto tree, and frankly, bthe rest of resto is appalling. (Improved Lesser HEaling Wave aside)

To be honest Tarj, do you need to?

Ive found your healing to be excellent in the instances ive done with you.

Thx, but trying both sides of my talent tree, is to tempting. Even though im gonna check the money involved first.

I'm up for some Instance action too, not bothered where tbh just want to get even better at tanking and there are some new techniques I want to try.

Btw Dan after you logged last night i still couldnt find a group to do an instance with so remember that guy who was calling out for SFK? He was this swedish Taure Druid who I took pity on and ran through SFK in 25-30 mins without him getting so much as 1 health point lost and every single drop. Not that difficult i know but i still felt like i'd done my good deed for the month :winkold:

....instance with so remember that guy who was calling out for SFK? He was this swedish Taure Druid who I took pity on and ran through SFK in 25-30 mins without him getting so much as 1 health point lost and every single drop. Not that difficult i know but i still felt like i'd done my good deed for the month :winkold:

I know another Tauren Druid that needs help with SFK if you fancy it :winkold:

So Bicks, will you like, be able to see holes now, a nd take the necessary evasive action?! ;)

I hope so, honestly Riss the difference is startling, I don't think you realise how much of a problem Lag was for me. I get attacked sometimes and I'm lagged, lag ends I'm dead, with sod all I could actually do about it

And I might actually be able to see the holes now, I know you were joking but the resolution certainly feckin helps

A few will probably take the piss out of this but i thought it was excellent...

(from the WoW Forums)

I am the Warrior.

When you see me, I will, most likely, not be attired formally. I will be encased in my steel. It will be dirty, bloody, and battered. I do not have a quick tongue or eloquent speech. I know nothing of the manners of the King's court, or the ettiquette of the formal ball.

I am known by many names. Tank. Meatshield. Fighter. Brawler. Corpse.

I am the Warrior.

I have not the capability, nor the inclination, to hide. I cannot strike from stealth with devastating blows, then fade into the darkness. I cannot incinerate a foe from twenty paces away. I cannot deal death from a distance, safe from the return attacks of my enemy. In order to kill, I must close with the enemy. I see his eyes. I smell his breath. I taste his fear. And he tastes mine.

I cannot bend Nature to do my bidding. I cannot tap into the Nether and force it to do what I command. I cannot study the arcane and master it to my control. I command nought but my mind, my body, and my will. It is by those, and those alone, that I stand or fall.

I have no friends on my journey. No walkers of the void, summoned from the Nether as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my weapon. I must care for it better than any hunter has ever cared for his beast. I must master it more than any warlock has ever mastered his demon. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.

I cannot heal. I cannot shield. I cannot call upon the gods and see my prayers answered. I call to the spirits of my ancestors in the heat of battle, and they are silent. My only ability to protect is to offer myself, my blood and bone and sinew, as a sacrifice. To draw the attacks of our foes. To take the blows that would kill a lesser being, and continue to fight on.

I cannot kill with the speed and grace of the rogue, the suddenness and shock of the hunter, or the flamboyance and power of the mage. When I kill, it is a slow business. Slow and bloody for all concerned, myself included. I fight on, pummeled and battered so that my companions may receive the glory of the kill and the wreaths of victory. If I die and they yet live, it is an expected sacrifice.

I come in all races, all sizes. I fight under a thousand flags, on a million battlefields. I am dismissed by the highborn, scorned by the noble, lectured by the priest, and forgotten by the peasant. Until the time when the trumpets of battle sound, and those who would destroy them come forth. And then the cry goes up..."Where, oh where, is the Warrior?"

Pray to your gods that I continue to answer that call.

Few do answer the call. Fewer still survive. It is a long and hard road, this way of the Warrior. Along it lie pain, and fear, and death. Scant rewards and scanter gratitude. At the end, for most, is an anonymous grave on some windblown battlefield. If they are lucky.

And yet, I fight on. I do not even know why. Perhaps for glory, perhaps for fame, perhaps for money, perhaps for my country, perhaps for my family. Perhaps it is simply all I know how to do. But fight I will. Whether you appreciate it or not. Whether you even notice it or not. I will be out there, on the battle lines. Fighting. Killing. Dying.

I am the Warrior.

Death is my business.

Be it yours...or mine.

Sort of summed it up for me.

Tarj, it now seems like I'm destined to be stood at the back with you in instances, like some bloody little squishie, but there you go!

What tips have you got for healing? Is it just a matter of keeping an eye on people's health bars, or are there mods for helping you out?

And a general question re totems in dungeons:

Which is best. Our new air totem is good for priests, as it reduces aggro by 20%. Grace of Air increases everyone's agi by 73, and windfury gives 2 extra attacks with super attack power when it goes off, although it negates poison on rogue's blades if they use it. So bearing in mind I can't buff everybody, what would be the best?

Gonna try and get the Moltern Core key tonight.

Its just an item that needs picking up, apparently. But the item is at the very end of Blackrock Depths.

Anyone up for it?

Tarj, it now seems like I'm destined to be stood at the back with you in instances, like some bloody little squishie, but there you go!

What tips have you got for healing? Is it just a matter of keeping an eye on people's health bars, or are there mods for helping you out?

And a general question re totems in dungeons:

Which is best. Our new air totem is good for priests, as it reduces aggro by 20%. Grace of Air increases everyone's agi by 73, and windfury gives 2 extra attacks with super attack power when it goes off, although it negates poison on rogue's blades if they use it. So bearing in mind I can't buff everybody, what would be the best?

You are going to fight like a warrior, and heal when you can. Shaman in the back-line :shock:

Just fight and heal, and get CTRaid

Â