World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Another WoW joke, nicked from the official forums:

Q: How many Rogues does it take to ambush a Paladin?

A: Two - One to attack him in the field, and one to wait in Ironforge Inn.

Oh, and Juju, if the lag in Orgrimmar makes your PC unhappy, move to Thunder Bluff! There is an AH there now, so the main reason to live in Orgrimmar has kinda gone.

I have moved, but I needed to speak to a ncp in Ogrimmar to complete a quest, and I also need weapons training that I cant get in TB.

Oh, and how could your list of emotes possibly miss out my favourite " /golfclap" I always try and do it just as a level 60 appears to pount me into the dirt.......

and since xmas or the last patch, I have been kicked repeatedly from deathwing. It happens on every flight/ride and often in cities. I think partly down to pc, even though i have turned of a lot of settings. My amd1.2 duron with ati 9200 cannot cope. Its a pc issue though, as my char played much better on my sisters pc on logging in, I think she has a 2500 sempron processor or something.

Christ Juju, I'm surprised it plays at all on that! The extra RAM and graphics card I bought sorted everything out just fine, and the game just looks even better with a good card. The crystal cave in Marshall's Refuge is stunning.

I am going to keep doing UBRS until the beast drops that skinning dagger, its a 40 DPS rogue dagger and gives you +10 skinning, meaning that you can skin ANYTHING in the game if you already have the +5 skinning enchant. I'm telling you Riss, at level 60 you'll realise that 300 skinning is lame!

Hang on, you have 34 points in the Assassination tree....and you're going for DPS? Are you nuts?

You want High Damage range, not DPS.

I think Dan should go for a 51-0-0 build. Kill things just by looking at them!

Oh, and Scholo? It is a 5 man run, but its more fun as an 8 man raid (or classrun) where you have one from each class in.

The reasoning behind that is because the bosses drop the best blue/superior armour you can get ("best" in theory, at least) and in an 8 man, there will be a member of each class to pick up what is theirs. Obviously, this leads to problems when you cant find a Druid, the Priest decides that he wants Dreadmist (yet no one else can roll on Devout, obviously) the Paladins Lightforge set drops (ive seen it) or Rattlegore drops Shadowcraft for the 1000th time in a row.

But try Scholo. Its fantastic.

I am going to keep doing UBRS until the beast drops that skinning dagger, its a 40 DPS rogue dagger and gives you +10 skinning, meaning that you can skin ANYTHING in the game if you already have the +5 skinning enchant. I'm telling you Riss, at level 60 you'll realise that 300 skinning is lame!

Hang on, you have 34 points in the Assassination tree....and you're going for DPS? Are you nuts?

Doesn't matter anymore as I've respecced to 21,12,18 due to lack of Imp Sap. Yet to try it out though.

Anyway, I'm a scholo and a stratholme wiser since I last posted, No drops of course, but lots of fun.

Some N00b questions.:

What does a Warrior do to maintain aggro? When I'm with a good tank, no matter what I hit the elite with he won't even look at me (which is great, of course), I just want to know what a warrior has to do to piss off the mob that much

Also, how is it a Mage can blast 10 level 60 (non elite, admittedly) mobs to pieces with AoE in a matter of seconds? Surely thats overpowered?????

Some N00b questions.:

What does a Warrior do to maintain aggro? When I'm with a good tank, no matter what I hit the elite with he won't even look at me (which is great, of course), I just want to know what a warrior has to do to piss off the mob that much

Also, how is it a Mage can blast 10 level 60 (non elite, admittedly) mobs to pieces with AoE in a matter of seconds? Surely thats overpowered?????

1] belive it or not, he takes the piss out of them. if its anything like my Voidwalker, then its an AOE taunt effect, to piss the mobs off. Tanking seems like it takes quite a bit of skill to do. Certainly when you have to cope with Warlocks and Mages chucking big **** missiles worth thousands of damage points over the top of you.

2] nope. Thats what mages do. A well played mage can easily outdamage anything on the game. Certainly a fire spec one can. But they die a lot too. Glass Canon, Paper Tiger, whatever you want to call it damage is a Mages bag. In terms of raw burst damage not even rogues can come near them. Rogues keep up in damage meters over a period of time because they can consistantly churn out high damage with little or no downtime. A mage can lay down 4-5k of damage in a matter of seconds but has to have a rest afterwards..

Doesn't matter anymore as I've respecced to 21,12,18 due to lack of Imp Sap. Yet to try it out though.

Anyway, I'm a scholo and a stratholme wiser since I last posted, No drops of course, but lots of fun.

Some N00b questions.:

You should research the 21/8/22 build. There are a few variations on it but its main talents are Cold Blood and Prep and its a seriously fantastic PvP build. Very flexible in that you can go daggers for excellent burst (it has the talents for this in it) and also great for swords (again, it has the talents for excellent sword dps). Its downside though is that it can be rather cooldown reliant but christ you can take opponents down fast. A great build for weapon switching mid-fight!

Due to its flexability, it is also great in PvE instances (although it will never beat Seal Fate 30/8/13 - 31/8/12 in that department).

I used 21/8/22 for some time and still rate it as a top build. However, I have recently respeced to my variation on the 21/3/27 Hemo build (swords) - otherwise known as the ultimate stunlock build and I'll sing its praises all day long. Its certainly not an easy build to play requiring a lot of strategic thought on how to approach different classes in PvP but damn its a load of fun.

Interesting stuff.

Sie you have Fiery weapon enchant don't you? If so then whats it worth at AH?

Enchanters sell them for around 20-25g (I do them for 20g for example). Can't buy them at AH.

The ingredients are 1xEssence of fire and 4xSmall Radiant Shard. Prices on these vary.

TBH lads, when mages AoE in instances, healers have to flash heal them non-stop. So with no über healing, they would die to shit in matter of seconds.

Interesting stuff.

Sie you have Fiery weapon enchant don't you? If so then whats it worth at AH?

Enchanters sell them for around 20-25g (I do them for 20g for example). Can't buy them at AH.

The ingredients are 1xEssence of fire and 4xSmall Radiant Shard. Prices on these vary.

I meant the recipe that enables you to learn the enchant.

A fella sold a brilliant rogue hat this morning Dan. Called Bloodfang Hood or something...

Btw. we are still on about tonight? Instance? Im keen on Dire Maul, havent done it. And the fact that i really need a new staff, makes it either DM, with Stoneflower staff, or Scholo with Headmaster staff.

r Scholo with Headmaster staff.

500/1 shot of dropping. And its a Warlock staff! (Though any other class who can life tap can make a claim to be most deserving too. :winkold: )

Â