The Feeling's Mutual

NurembergVillan

What are your thoughts on Carlton "I'm brilliant, me" Cole?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Carlton "I'm brilliant, me" Cole?

• Jury is still out
    • I'd like to nail his feet to Kings Road in a bid to keep him out of B6
    • I think he'd be a great signing, either on loan or permanently

From pinkfootball.com-

Cole unhappy with Villa move

Chelsea striker Carlton Cole has revealed that he is unhappy at being shipped out on loan to Aston Villa.

Cole, who spent last season on loan at Charlton, isn’t overly impressed with the move but accepts that he has to join Villa in order to prove himself to Chelsea.

The youngster told The Sun: “It’s not ideal but I’ll do whatever it takes to prove myself.”

Cole needs a reality check if he thinks he’s going to break into the Chelsea first team as he’s a million miles away from being Roman Abramovich and Jose Mourinho’s dream striker.

Dear Carlton,

Well, here's our side of it you big headed cockney waster. It's not ideal but we'll do whatever it takes to fill the rapidly vacating seats on our bench. You, my boy, are a jumped up tosser. It's this kind of attitude which could well hold you back from being the player you threatened to be two years ago.

Take a look at our own Herr Hitzlsperger, who "lowered" himself to play for Chesterfield (you won't have heard of them yet, you'll be playing for them in a few years time). He was recently captain of his national U21 team. You, on the other hand, were busy not getting a game for the mighty Charlton Athletic (but that was their fault too, huh?).

I hope you get the chance to read this, although I'm sure you won't. You need to take a look at yourdself kid. At the moment you're the football equivalent of Jack Black's character at the start of Shallow Hal. If this is your attitude to football and to my beloved team in particular, then I never want you to have the chance to disgrace the claret and blue. Even at Scunthorpe.

So, to summarise, for all I and a good many of my peers care you can visit Villa Park once a season, presuming you're able to get into Chelsea's reserve team. You're an arrogant "pheasant plucker", and I'd rather have Peter Crouch back than have you strolling up and down Broad Street thinking you're the dog's cock. Because you aren't. You're just a cock.

Best regards,

NV

Well it's all official now so lets just shut up and see if he does the business. DO'L will get the best out of him and let's face it since when did we start taking The Sun quotes as being accurate. Do loan signings have a press conference, if so it'll be interesting to hear what he's actually got to say.

For me, whilst he's wearing a Villa shirt, he'll have my full support.

from OS

Villa Complete Striker Swoop

Villa have completed the capture of Chelsea’s England Under-21 striker Carlton Cole on a season-long loan deal.

The giant 20-year-old forward becomes Villa’s second summer capture, joining Danish international defender Martin Laursen in O’Leary’s squad.

The deal ends weeks of speculation and Chief Executive Bruce Langham told www.avfc.co.uk: “David identified Carlton as one of his summer targets at the end of last season and we have been negotiating with Chelsea for a number of weeks.

“Carlton Cole is widely regarded as one of the brightest young prospects in the country and it’s fair to say there was a lot of interest in him this summer.

“We’ve tried to get on with this without adding to all the speculation and that will continue to be our policy when it comes to bolstering the squad.”

Cole, who spent last season on-loan at Premiership rivals Charlton, will link-up with his new team mates at Bodymoor Heath today.

This quote is from a fairly old interview he did on ChelseaTV and has nothing to do with him coming to the Villa. He was asked what he thought about being loaned out and he gave a perfectly reasonable answer - it would have been more worrying if he's said he was happy not being in the first team.

Just typical Sun bullshit I don't know why we get bothered by this stuff.

Exclusive: Newboy On Villa Switch

Carlton Cole this morning put pen-to-paper on a one-year Villa Park deal and vowed to shine under the guidance of David O'Leary next season.

The England Under-21 striker was being tracked by a number of Premiership clubs, but opted for Villa after being bowled over by O'Leary's positive plans for the 2004/5 campaign.

Cole enjoyed a similar spell with Charlton last season, but believes Villa Park offers a bigger stage to showcase his Premiership abilities.

Speaking exclusively to www.avfc.co.uk, he commented: 'It's good to know where I'll be playing next season. I always fancied coming here and I spoke to my family, they were 100 per cent behind it.

'There were quite a few clubs showing an interest, but I spoke to David O'Leary a couple of weeks ago and he seemed so positive in his approach. The way he talked to me was very positive.

'So I just thought that with a manager like that putting 100 per cent faith in me, I can only give a positive response by doing the business on the pitch.

'I'm still contracted to Chelsea and on the one hand this is a good chance for me to get back into the Chelsea team, but if not, I'd like to stay here.

'This could be a very big season for me. I just need to get games and score some goals. No offence to Charlton, but this is a bigger club and a bigger stage for me.

'Charlton was a good place for me to be at last season. I didn't really have a good start, I was injured for three months, and that really held me back. Now I feel good. I'm healthy fit and raring to go.'

He continued: 'From playing with England, I know Jlloyd Samuel, Peter Whittingham, Liam Ridgewell, Stefan Moore and Gareth Barry, so there are a few friendly faces already here.

'It's a good young squad for me to come into and I think that's another thing to help me progress. It could be an exciting season.

'Hopefully doing well here will help my progress in the England set-up. We'll wait and see what happens, but I'm feeling very positive about the future with Aston Villa.

'I know I'm a big lad, but I don't want to be labelled a 'target-man'. I'd like to think I'm more nimble on the ground than powerful in the air, but I can work on that as well.

'This is a good place for me to be and hopefully I can start to score a couple of goals with my head as well. I want to show I am improving my all-round game. There's good competition here, but I have faith in my own abilities.'

Has he taken a 24 hr PR course?

Well the second quotes are far far better but what would you really expect.

So our forwards for the season are (and in my interpretation of preference)

JPA

DV

CC

MA

LM

SM (who must be pretty peed off we've signed CC)

MA mk2 and far younger :-)

which if Makan does leave, leaves us with a pretty inexperience Fw linw after JPA / DV who is still young himself

I am a bit dissapointed with this signing but am willing to give him the benefit of the dowt , like other's have said i am now judging him in what he does in a Villa shirt.

Ditto Totti

this is a loan with a view to buy (hopefully pre-agreed price with a guarantee that if we want him we can have him). If he does well we're quids in IMO.

let's not get on his back before he's even kicked a ball. Let's give him a chance. I think we really should now view him as a "Villa" player, since he will be playing for us after all.

Let's just hope he's hungry and wants to grab the chnace we're giving him :P

If Luke's good enough he'll get his chances. This would probably seem to spell the end for makan as well :?: