May 2024 Local Elections

Jareth

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

We aren't talking about what I think.

As we run up to a general election, I don't expect to hear much from any politician, regardless of party, which goes against their party line. However, It's impossible to predict what this mayor will be like before he's even started the job.

Agreed, Street was at least a cold hearted  tory who responded to money projects- i.e. Villa - the new guy will do what he is told. 

• Like 1

I didn’t vote in the Police & Crime Commissioner election on Thursday. I knew nothing about the ‘policies’ of any of the candidates, didn’t receive any info on any of them. To be honest, I’m not even sure what they do for their £87,000.

As it happens, I wasn’t alone, turnout was 16%, the winner got 45% of the vote, or to put it another way, endorsed by 7.2% of the electorate.

It feels like there is work to do there.

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Did you ever see her leadership video? And yes antagonistic- the original point was about Starmer bots - do you think she's gonna piss him off?

You want a party to elect people that will annoy the leader of the party in the run up to an election? An election where the country clearly wants rid of the ruinous 14 year reign of the Tory Party. It’s just a very strange tangent you’re on

You've started off talking about individuals, I think there are plenty of those in elected positions in the Labour Party but somehow that has translated individuals into being antagonistic by definition

Your thought process is somewhat odd, in fact it seems at odds with itself

No individuals, name someone who demonstrably fits that definition, no one's I like. That may not be it, but it certainly comes across that way.

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Agreed, Street was at least a cold hearted  tory who responded to money projects- i.e. Villa - the new guy will do what he is told. 

Told by whom?

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I didn’t vote in the Police & Crime Commissioner election on Thursday. I knew nothing about the ‘policies’ of any of the candidates, didn’t receive any info on any of them. To be honest, I’m not even sure what they do for their £87,000.

As it happens, I wasn’t alone, turnout was 16%, the winner got 45% of the vote, or to put it another way, endorsed by 7.2% of the electorate.

It feels like there is work to do there.

Actually, there’s very little work to do there. It’s an absolutely nothing job, they have very little power and a minuscule budget

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Told by whom?

By Starmer - you're crazy if you think Labour are some diverse party. It's also a contradiction to say Labour are capable of independent thought whilst also going for the win. I don't respect Dianne Abbot for example, but Labour have put two fingers up to her, also strategically to the cities thinking they will win anyway - good for them. But it's ugly. Back this team if you want, but do never claim any sort of high ground - it's devoid, it's empty, it's starmer. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

What has Street done for Villa? I heard a lot of hot air from him, and more hot air about what he'd do if re elected, but I can't recall any action.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

What has Street done for Villa? I heard a lot of hot air from him, and more hot air about what he'd do if re elected, but I can't recall any action.

Heard Street needed Villa to invest in the local areas just to give him a higher profile in the Muslim communities. 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Heard Street needed Villa to invest in the local areas just to give him a higher profile in the Muslim communities. 

You sure do hear some weird shit. 

• Haha 3

In other news it seems that the TikTok video widely shared during the mayoral campaign by Ahkmed Yaqoob of the Labour activist using a racial slur was doctored

Im also seeing that he doxxed the Labour activist and the school she works at. She’s now getting a lot of hate mail.

Its also suggested that the doctored video originates from his account.

He could be in a lot of trouble legally and professionally 

Â