Best Sitcom of All Time

Rds1983

Spaced. 

the blend of comedy, geek, gaming and just absolutely crazy characters, and included some of the absolutely British comedy heavy weights of the 21st century. 

box office Tv.

• Like 3

On 12/05/2024 at 19:51, Mark Albrighton said:

BBC four are showing back to back episodes of Hancock’s Half Hour to mark the hundredth anniversary of his birth.

Not quite sure what to make of him in truth. I don’t know if he’s one of those cases where a relatively early death coupled with the tragic depressed persona of his final years significantly helped his status.

I read about the famous Blood Doner episode and him reading his lines off an autocue,  I don’t know if it’s simply his style but he seemed to do it a lot of other episodes too. Maybe it’s because it feels like he’s performing to the audience rather than acting with the cast, if that makes sense.

I think its become very dated but at the time thr viewing figures were massive. Hancock half hour was extremely popular in its time. Of course it started as a radio show like the goons. 

US Office and Only Fools and Horses are the two that I can watch again and again. Red Dwarf and Blackadder are up there too. 

Â