Hello to all Villa fans

1 hour ago, Lille fan said:

The Stadium is not in Lille but in Villeneuve d'Ascq , it's a 10-15 minutes subway ride away from the city center

People in Lille are generally friendly and welcoming (way more than in Paris or South of France) , but we of course have our dickheads like anybody else. Inside Stadium is safe and good for visitors , stay vigilant for ultras dressed in black nearby the stadium though , a small minority of them like to fight episodically... just something you might want to know

City center is safe , old city center (vieux-lille) even safer . i would recommend sticking to theses parts of the city before and after the game...

I hope for their sake your black-clad ultras don't try to fight Villa supporters, if Ajax away was anything to go by, it won't end well for them...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wedge said:

I hope for their sake your black-clad ultras don't try to fight Villa supporters, if Ajax away was anything to go by, it won't end well for them...

What happened here? I've not heard anything about trouble. 

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

What happened here? I've not heard anything about trouble. 

When leaving the Amsterdam Arena after the game, after an initial very short hold back at the final perimeter fence that let you out into one of the network of pathways surrounding the stadium which you have to navigate under some bridges that leads to the nearest train station with Ajax fans goading Villa fans bravely from the other side of the fences, they then suddenly decided to open the gates before the Ajax fans had cleared or got anywhere close to being cleared and let a large number of us out right into the fray which kind of defeats the object of a hold back 🤣 people were tumbling everywhere it was carnage, it was pitch black and with not many wearing colours it was difficult to work out who was who etc but it went right off and that's not an exaggeration, this wasn't one of those fights you see videos of from outsides stadiums where everyone is just dancing around each other!!

I have no doubt a few of the previously very secure and brave Ajax fans who were swearing at and goading the Villa fans got a very swift taste of Brummie karma!! 😂 it didn't appear anyone got badly hurt or anything and there were no arrests from what I could see as no police or security were around. I think a few of the Ajax fans plead their way out of it by reasoning etc. I believe whilst Villa being from a tough and large city like Brum have a tough but fair fanbase particularly the ones that regularly travel away to Europe and we aren't bullies and most don't go looking for trouble but will defend ourselves when attacked or provoked.

Not everything makes it onto social media, and it started that quickly and unexpectedly no one would have really had time to get their phone out and start filming it fortunately. One video did make it onto social media from earlier in the day before the game which apparently according to the comments were some Ajax 'ultras' who were seemingly up for attacking anyone in Villa colours picked on a Dad with his lad and starting attacking them for no reason but again fortunately no lasting damage, I suspect the fact that word had got round that this had happened (there were other reports I've seen on Twitter about Ajax fans dressed in black attacking some Villa fans in an underground car park near to the stadium but when they realised the Villa fans weren't up for a fight they stopped) so there was certainly provocation on numerous counts.

All's well that ends well! 

Edited by wedge
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/03/2024 at 17:11, Van Rijsel said:

Hello Aston Villa fans 

I will write in French. My level in english IS Bad, like a lot of French !

Sure the translator will do a better job!

Bonjour a tous les fans d Aston Villa.

Je suis un supporter du Lille OSC depuis des décennies maintenant, et c est avec un grand plaisir que nous allons participer au premier quart de finale européen de notre histoire...

Pour cet événement, il y a un adversaire que nous ne voulions pas rencontrer, Aston Villa. Car vous êtes l immense favori de cette compétition.

On aurait préféré vous rencontrer en finale. 

Bref, le sort a voulu que ce soit en quart. Ainsi soit il.

Nous avons nos chances, et je crois que nous allons (et devons) jouer a bloc les 2 rencontres. Notre coach Paulo Fonseca aime les compétitions européennes, le groupe a envie de bien figurer...

Nos atouts sont notre jeu basé sur la possession du ballon, une certaine facilité technique avec de bons techniciens (Yazici, Haraldsson, Cabella), des ailiers dribbleurs et rapides (Zegrova, Ounas), notre meilleur joueur et buteur, Jonathan David qui jouera sûrement l année prochaine en premier League. Deux milieux défensifs d expérience (André et Bentaleb), et une défense assez intéressante avec une charnière assez solide (Alexandro, Yoro notre jeune pépite et Diakité), et de bons ailiers comme le jeune Tiago Santos, Ismaily ou notre suédois Gudmonsson

Sans compter notre excellent gardien issu de notre centre de formation, Lucas Chevalier (équipe de France espoir, et qui aura un jour le poste chez les A)

En tout cas c est avec grand respect et grand plaisir que nous allons jouer votre équipe impressionnante.

Amitiés sportives et bonne chance dans votre course a la ligue des Champions !

PS : la bise à notre Lucas Digne !!

Bienvenue

44 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Apparently, they’re expecting quite a few Villa fans in the home end this evening

50k stadium and I think they average 40k in the league so probably would have been easy to get tickets.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 17:11, Van Rijsel said:

Hello Aston Villa fans 

I will write in French. My level in english IS Bad, like a lot of French !

Sure the translator will do a better job!

Bonjour a tous les fans d Aston Villa.

Je suis un supporter du Lille OSC depuis des décennies maintenant, et c est avec un grand plaisir que nous allons participer au premier quart de finale européen de notre histoire...

Pour cet événement, il y a un adversaire que nous ne voulions pas rencontrer, Aston Villa. Car vous êtes l immense favori de cette compétition.

On aurait préféré vous rencontrer en finale. 

Bref, le sort a voulu que ce soit en quart. Ainsi soit il.

Nous avons nos chances, et je crois que nous allons (et devons) jouer a bloc les 2 rencontres. Notre coach Paulo Fonseca aime les compétitions européennes, le groupe a envie de bien figurer...

Nos atouts sont notre jeu basé sur la possession du ballon, une certaine facilité technique avec de bons techniciens (Yazici, Haraldsson, Cabella), des ailiers dribbleurs et rapides (Zegrova, Ounas), notre meilleur joueur et buteur, Jonathan David qui jouera sûrement l année prochaine en premier League. Deux milieux défensifs d expérience (André et Bentaleb), et une défense assez intéressante avec une charnière assez solide (Alexandro, Yoro notre jeune pépite et Diakité), et de bons ailiers comme le jeune Tiago Santos, Ismaily ou notre suédois Gudmonsson

Sans compter notre excellent gardien issu de notre centre de formation, Lucas Chevalier (équipe de France espoir, et qui aura un jour le poste chez les A)

En tout cas c est avec grand respect et grand plaisir que nous allons jouer votre équipe impressionnante.

Amitiés sportives et bonne chance dans votre course a la ligue des Champions !

PS : la bise à notre Lucas Digne !!

Should be a good game! Good Luck, but hope we win!

Â