Weekends Football 9/11 Febuary

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

West ham fans must be thinking wtf have we done signing phillips

possibly, but they've got a fair few worse players than Phillips on their books

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

West ham fans must be thinking wtf have we done signing phillips

you ok?

whats the point of posting a repeat post?

very insightful of you

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

you ok?

whats the point of posting a repeat post?

very insightful of you

My point was that phillips at his current level is in no position to be thinking what has he done, West Ham have got the shitty end of that stick not him 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

My point was that phillips at his current level is in no position to be thinking what has he done, West Ham have got the shitty end of that stick not him 

well why not say that then?

A player who the best team in the country and arguably in the world decided to sign him is all of a sudden a pile of poo? A player who at one time we were linked with and many on here would have been more than happy to sign him.

He's a very good player who to me has just lost some confidence from his experience at Man City.

As iv'e said in a previous post, West Ham have a fair few players who are worse than Phillips imo.

30 minutes ago, imavillan said:

A player who the best team in the country and arguably in the world decided to sign him is all of a sudden a pile of poo?

Eyebrows were very much raised at the time and he has never been close to anything more than token minutes. 
He was at Leeds, now he’s at West Ham. He hasn’t done anything on a personal level in between which makes me think he’s luckier to have West Ham, more than they are to have him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Eyebrows were very much raised at the time and he has never been close to anything more than token minutes. 
He was at Leeds, now he’s at West Ham. He hasn’t done anything on a personal level in between which makes me think he’s luckier to have West Ham, more than they are to have him.

You don't become a bad player over night. He was good at dirty Leeds and maybe that was his level, but he was very good.

I think it's a classic example of a player making the wrong move. Some players fit at certain clubs.

Everybody, apart from Phillips, thought moving to 115 rule breakers City was the wrong move and thats been proven.

There's still a good player there, he just needs to find the right club, play regularly, get his confidence back and become the good player he is.

Edited by imavillan

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

You don't become a bad player over night. He was good at dirty Leeds and maybe that was his level, but he was very good.

I think it's a classic example of a player making the wrong move. Some players fit at certain clubs.

Everybody, apart from Phillips, thought moving to 115 rule breakers City was the wrong move and thats been proven.

There's still a good player there, he just needs to find the right club.

How good though? West Ham are 8th in the Premier League, he certainly isn’t much above that level imo. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

How good though? West Ham are 8th in the Premier League, he certainly isn’t much above that level imo. 

I think that’s what I kind of said. 

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Philips has been slagging Pep off this week too :lol: I bet he thought “I’ll at least have West Ham”… maybe not.

Said it before and I still back it up. He is one of the worst players in the league and Bielsaball made him look OK, Dendoncker is so much better than him

Â