Physicality, the Dark Arts, Sh*thousery & Menace: Aston Villa no longer a "Soft Touch"

maqroll

This Villa team is now comprised of players with a little bit of an edge and guile and it is good to see, even if it comes with a price tag sometimes. 

I like that these players stand up for each other.

Watching Diego Carlos play, you can see he was trained by **** favela warlords. He's not phased by anything, and he might be capable of anything to get an edge on the opponent. 

Villa aren't pushovers anymore

• Like 3

today wasnt the "dark arts", today was "brainless stupidity".

We are certainly cleverer under Emery, and not as much of a pushover as we have been for many years, but today wasnt that, today was just maximum brain fart mode.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

today wasnt the "dark arts", today was "brainless stupidity".

We are certainly cleverer under Emery, and not as much of a pushover as we have been for many years, but today wasnt that, today was just maximum brain fart mode.

The thread isn't about just today's game. 

And I wasn't referring to the Kamara brain fart. I was thinking more about the Watkins incident after he scored and how Konsa and Zaniolo were right there with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The thread isn't about just today's game. 

And I wasn't referring to the Kamara brain fart. I was thinking more about the Watkins incident after he scored and how Konsa and Zaniolo were right there with him. 

On the whole I agree yeah, we are a more street smart team, or however you might describe it?

We're quite reminiscent of the 93/94 Man Utd vintage - Ince, Bruce, Cantona, Robson etc. Mixture of nasty and tough. Even the more traditionally lightweight players like Kanchelskis had an edge.

And they won things - not the League Cup though ;) 

• Like 1

Â