Football Betting 23/24 Season

Kingman

• 4 weeks later...

I went close enough last week on “Team to score 2 or more goals “ to try again this week. First time I tried the bet last week and only two games let me down from 8 games. One of the games only needed one goal also. Had odds of 455/1 last week so imo it represents good value but I understand wins will be few of far between unless you get lucky . Teams I’ve had today to score 2 or more are ….

Newcastle Man City Cardiff Barnsley Portsmouth Stockport Notts County Swindon Crawley  154/1

i’ll stick with this or the 2.5 goals for the rest of the season 

As I was saying then Brighton priced 5/4 in a game they went on to lose 6-1. Who the hell was lumping on them when they've beaten us once in last 11 meetings before kick off today and we'd won 9 straight prem home games.

Surely West Ham should be priced as short if not shorter when they come to VP in a few weeks given they've shown they can consistently nullify our game and have had a similar season to Brighton so in form.

Would love a betting aficionado to give a take on that.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

As I was saying then Brighton priced 5/4 in a game they went on to lose 6-1. Who the hell was lumping on them when they've beaten us once in last 11 meetings before kick off today and we'd won 9 straight prem home games.

Surely West Ham should be priced as short if not shorter when they come to VP in a few weeks given they've shown they can consistently nullify our game and have had a similar season to Brighton so in form.

5/4 is… 2.25? There’s no way Brighton were that short, surely? I’d have imagined maybe  2.25 for a Villa win and 2.6 or something for Brighton.

A tight game to call but Villa marginal favourites - not the other way. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

5/4 is… 2.25? There’s no way Brighton were that short, surely? I’d have imagined maybe  2.25 for a Villa win and 2.6 or something for Brighton.

A tight game to call but Villa marginal favourites - not the other way. 

I checked the William Hill coupon on Thursday and it had Brighton at 5/4 while we were 7/5 so they were the marginal favourites at that point in the week.

On 30/09/2023 at 20:07, VillaChris said:

Sometimes the bookies don't have a clue when setting the odds on some matches and they're often set a week in advance of a game (for coupon printing purposes).

They were obviously on the Brighton Bangwagon and underestimated Villa. 5/4 was obviously priced so they didn't risk punters making easy money from them if they did happen win.

• Thanks 1

Â