Football Betting 23/24 Season

Kingman

Bet365 have Chelsea at 21/20 to win tonight.

That's an extraordinary price isn't it? Chelsea have 4-5 key players missing, hardly win anymore, are away and Fulham won this game 2-1 last season and are already 3 points above Chelsea in the league.

Fulham are 13/5. Are people just lumping on due to law of averages and Chelsea have to win a game sooner or later? 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That's an extraordinary price isn't it? Chelsea have 4-5 key players missing, hardly win anymore, are away and Fulham won this game 2-1 last season and are already 3 points above Chelsea in the league.

Fulham are 13/5. Are people just lumping on due to law of averages and Chelsea have to win a game sooner or later? 

The odds rarely change in football once they're set unlike horse racing or dogs.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes they clip the price compared to the earlier printed football coupon price, but it will only be margainly and at the bookies discretion, not necessarily led by punters cash as such. 

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The odds rarely change in football once they're set unlike horse racing or dogs.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes they clip the price compared to the earlier printed football coupon price, but it will only be margainly and at the bookies discretion, not necessarily led by punters cash as such. 

You get fair flucuations when team sheets are delivered (in high liquid leagues I suppose).  Not massive swings, but enough to shift from, say, 5/4 to 7/4 certainly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

You get fair flucuations when team sheets are delivered (in high liquid leagues I suppose).  Not massive swings, but enough to shift from, say, 5/4 to 7/4 certainly.

Yes, absolutely.

But then if you're betting on football teams to win outright the odds are usually quite short anyway?  (The odd occasion odds are far too good for xx team for xx game vs. Xx opponent to which you capitalise.)

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

21/20 looking pretty good 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

21/20 looking pretty good 👀

I mean to make serious profit you'd need to be whacking down upwards of 20 quid to get nearly 50 back.

If you've been doing that for every Chelsea away game in last 12 months you'd be well in arrears.

They'll probably be 1/8 to beat Burnley at the weekend.

• Like 1

They are really stubborn in their pricing. It can work against them though. I remember in 2015-16 I made a bomb betting on Leicester to win as they were rarely the favourite, even vs. Chelsea at the end of their title winning season Chelsea were the clear favourite at the bookies.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2023 at 07:51, AvfcRigo82 said:

You focusing only on football these days or still on the Horsos too @Kingman?

Mainly football at mo but will have a lill tickle when the jumps get underway mate 

Bit of a value bet for tonight... AC Milan, Barcelona, PSG... Returns around 14/1 for the Treble!.. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Mainly football at mo but will have a lill tickle when the jumps get underway mate 

Bit of a value bet for tonight... AC Milan, Barcelona, PSG... Returns around 14/1 for the Treble!.. 

Gotta be a cheeky fiver on that.

On 05/10/2023 at 15:17, AvfcRigo82 said:

There's no real value to be found in the game either.

Found a bit today 

Brighton, Newcastle, Villa... Returns around 12/1 for the Treble 💪😎⚽💰🍻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Found a bit today 

It's value mate, cause it ain't gonna happen., no way Brighton beat Liverplop, Wolves a bit dodgy with us too.

I've put a fiver on. 😂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Found a bit today 

Liverpool are playing way better than 12 months ago so with Brighton having injuries I think they'll go there and win. West Ham are also much improved so with home advantage wouldn't shock me if they took down Newcastle. Us v Wolves aswell.

I assume a Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves treble would pay out a little more than 12/1. The good value bet would be all three games ending in draws which isn't the remotest prospect.

Edit: Yesterday I had a six team acca. All 5 were winning apart from Man. United so was watching the last ten minutes of the game. Didn't enjoy their late comeback but at least that's an extra 20 quid for the week.

Turned back to see the full times and Rotherham had scored late to draw 1-1 at Southampton so that was the coupon busting result of the weekend in a game Southampton totally dominated.

Should've just put SHA in but I never like putting Friday games in acca as you at least want the suspense from 3pm Saturdays.

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's value mate, cause it ain't gonna happen., no way Brighton beat Liverplop, Wolves a bit dodgy with us too.

I've put a fiver on. 😂

Think I'm also going to back today's 4 premier league games as Draws in a Yankee 

X11 Bets. Doubles Upwards 

Just now, Kingman said:

Found a bit today 

Now that does look tempting Kingman.

I went against my own judgement of betting on Villa, but while in Betfred last night collecting, they where announcing a bet last night over the tannoy that sounded very tempting..

Watkins to Score 1st & Villa win 2-0, pays 50/1.

I threw a stray 10er across the counter and grabbed it. 

Having seen yours above, I might also go and throw a 5er at that too.

• Like 1

Â