Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

salah or watkins for captain this week?

newcastle are in freefall and look appalling at the back, but at the same time i can see us really bouncing back with a statement win. will salah hold himself back a bit to be fit for the AFCON too?

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

salah or watkins for captain this week?

Toughie but I think the mantra is play the fixture. On paper our game is the easier fixture

In other news, I've decided my transfer this week is Kabore out for Estupinian which gains me the extra flexibility in defence I've been looking for and then the following week it's likely to be either Joao Pedro or Cuhna for Semenyo to get me through the international Tournaments

Then looking at offloading Tripper and Gordon... but hey, there'll be fires to fight by then no doubt.

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Toughie but I think the mantra is play the fixture. On paper our game is the easier fixture

In other news, I've decided my transfer this week is Kabore out for Estupinian which gains me the extra flexibility in defence I've been looking for and then the following week it's likely to be either Joao Pedro or Cuhna for Semenyo to get me through the international Tournaments

Then looking at offloading Tripper and Gordon... but hey, there'll be fires to fight by then no doubt.

yep - was going to roll but estupinan's return last night means schar to him is an easy one for me this week. brighton's fixtures are as good as newcastle's are bad

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is it though? We have recently been putting in rather dull performances and we all know about Newcastle's recent form + away form... Salah has 12 days until Egypt's first game against Mozambique and by my math is averaging 8-9 points per home match. If not Salah, then Alvarez home to SHU and on pens with Haaland out would be the other choice.

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

Is it though? We have recently been putting in rather dull performances and we all know about Newcastle's recent form + away form... Salah has 12 days until Egypt's first game against Mozambique and by my math is averaging 8-9 points per home match. If not Salah, then Alvarez home to SHU and on pens with Haaland out would be the other choice.

if i had alvarez he'd probably be my pick over both of the others. they could absolutely batter sheff utd

i guess it's how you see the respective teams' chances. i really do feel we'll bounce back with a statement performance and put 3-4 past burnley whereas newcastle would be expected to step up their game vs liverpool.

• Like 1

I was flying high this season. 90k > 50k > 15k !! All was well. Then since about GW10 I’ve dropped nearly every week to 406k 😂😭

I had the captaincy on Bowen until changing it to Salah just now.

On 26/12/2023 at 13:01, a-k said:

Brought Dougie back in last minute. Our upcoming fixtures + being on pens and set pieces was too hard to resist. Olise was the one I had otherwise but would prefer Eze once he's back to full fitness.

Thank f*** for that penalty, but still...

thinking-down.gif

Don't like doing early transfers, but Salah is due to drop tonight. I can see him dropping further and want to maximize my profit on him before bringing him back. Gonna have 13-14mil in the bank after this.

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

Don't like doing early transfers, but Salah is due to drop tonight. I can see him dropping further and want to maximize my profit on him before bringing him back. Gonna have 13-14mil in the bank after this.

brave. 12 days before next PL game and an FA cup round in the meantime.

i'll be looking at someone like saka who will almost certainly play vs liverpool so no way i'm making that change until he gets through that game

On 29/12/2023 at 13:31, a-k said:

First half:

jose-mourinho.gif

Second half:

mourinho.gif

The Areola and Dubravka combination is going terribly, and I imagine it's the same for others. Whoever I bench seems to haul.

Can't wait for Areola to concede in the 3rd minute tonight

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Areola and Dubravka combination is going terribly, and I imagine it's the same for others. Whoever I bench seems to haul.

Can't wait for Areola to concede in the 3rd minute tonight

Same with Areola /Turner for me

Currently on a very healthy 82 with Areola and Estupinan to play. I suppose a 0-0 is too much to ask for

But given the current league average for the week is 50 I'm very happy with that

Â