Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

If they're making it gold on the plaques but their solution to emulating that on the digital badge is what we've seen trademarked: yellow with a drop shadow...

Don’t see why they couldn’t use a more “golden shade” and just ditch the yellow altogether… darken the blue a tad too…

If the remit doesn’t allow us to stray from yellow/gold and blue… then at least improve upon it and a detailed, gold lion is a start…

But then, why ask the fans the question at all? Twice? Misleading…

Edited by Jas10

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

On the kit yes but on digital, in the media, on league tables, in-game tv/streaming graphics it’ll be yellow/gold and blue.  We are claret and blue!

Best to wait and see right? I mean, we didn’t expect something like this…

But let’s wait for the full reveal this time 😂

• Like 1

What I hope is not happening (Surely not?!) is a slight nod towards the blue-ish element of the club's marketing.

Very recently, a certain Manchester team seems to be pushing a claret and sky blue look. It seems to be a very marketable palate in world football, of which they are on top of.

Maybe the brains on the Heck marketing team team want to reflect these colours more in the Villa look? 

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

That gold version is somewhat irrelevant in my opinion, that's just a physical representation of the digital version, which is what you'll be looking at 99% of the time you see the crest. Pretty much any badge can have a nice ornate physical version. It's translating that detail to 2D artwork that's the trick!

Sure… but maybe we have a different version of that too. I see no reason to have to stick to plain yellow… the shade could be altered at least…

I just want to try n be hopeful…

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Concrete slab?!

That looks like a TPU badge, the likes of which appear on most elite level kits nowadays. Get up close to some of the shirts from the last World Cup. They were sensational.

An image filed for trademark is typically just a cover all sketch that serves as protection for various options and executions.

Reading this thread over the last couple of weeks, I've wanted to hand out paper bags for people to breathe into.

If this was the first leaked image everyone would be excited. But they saw the other one first so it's all doom and gloom.

They're exactly the same badge, but perspective is everything.

Thanks for the explanation…

I think the 2nd half of your comment is a little unfair though (esp the paper bags bit, unnecessary)… many of us aren’t experts, knowledgeable or work in this field… 

We can only comment on and judge what we see, is shared or revealed…

Unfortunately, in the age of social media, stuff is leaked, shared and displayed without context, meaning or description and ahead of its intended time…

so all people are going to do is comment on what they see and is shown to them… and isn’t that what a forum is for? To freely express opinions?

that image is still ugly… regardless of whether or not it accurately represents what we are getting… and it’s been trademarked by the club… so there was “cause for concern”…

Anyway, all we want is something better and that we can be happy about or get behind… the combination of what’s best for the club and fans…

Trying to be a bit positive and hopeful now but… some complaints and points are still relevant… at this point.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We can only comment on and judge what we see, is shared or revealed…

Revealed, yes. Shared, we have the choice to reserve judgment.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

that image is still ugly… regardless of whether or not it accurately represents what we are getting… and it’s been trademarked by the club… so there was “cause for concern”…

It is, yes. But looking at it with the context of the physical badge, the drop shadow seems to represent that fact that the lion is three-dimensional.

As you've said, it remains to be seen what the full execution looks like across all media but this new image is promising.

And colours are always a really difficult thing to judge on screen. I've got 3 top-notch panels in front of me right now and even the claret border of VillaTalk looks different on each.

And the paper bags thing was said tongue-in-cheek. We're all sometimes guilty of jumping the gun.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Revealed, yes. Shared, we have the choice to reserve judgment.

It is, yes. But looking at it with the context of the physical badge, the drop shadow seems to represent that fact that the lion is three-dimensional.

As you've said, it remains to be seen what the full execution looks like across all media but this new image is promising.

And colours are always a really difficult thing to judge on screen. I've got 3 top-notch panels in front of me right now and even the claret border of VillaTalk looks different on each.

And the paper bags thing was said tongue-in-cheek. We're all sometimes guilty of jumping the gun.

No worries mate, always appreciate your expertise and insight.

So… you’re feeling quite positive about this new badge then? And the kits?

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Concrete slab?!

That looks like a TPU badge, the likes of which appear on most elite level kits nowadays.

I was looking at the blue on that photo and it looks like concrete finish if you zoom in doesn’t it? 

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If this was the first leaked image everyone would be excited. But they saw the other one first so it's all doom and gloom.

Are we considering this a leaked image as opposed to something fan generated?

Is this twitter account to be trusted? Are they the clubs new soft-launch device?

It seems to have moved immediately to 'official leak' without a lot of question.

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Concrete slab?!

That looks like a TPU badge, the likes of which appear on most elite level kits nowadays. Get up close to some of the shirts from the last World Cup. They were sensational.

An image filed for trademark is typically just a cover all sketch that serves as protection for various options and executions.

Reading this thread over the last couple of weeks, I've wanted to hand out paper bags for people to breathe into.

They're exactly the same badge, but perspective is everything.

*insert applause GIF*

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Best to wait and see right? I mean, we didn’t expect something like this…

Something like what? It still looks shit and even if you envision the whole thing from that photo, still shit.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Unsure if this has done the rounds already. Better with no shadow and a bit of gold. 

Oh wow.... This is what you was all moaning about?

This looks great.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I was looking at the blue on that photo and it looks like concrete finish if you zoom in doesn’t it? 

Looked like some form of rubber to me… but TPU it is 😆

Zoom in and you can see more clearly… there are some marks or dots that make it more apparent…

hope it’s durable 😆

Just now, nick76 said:

Something like what? It still looks shit and even if you envision the whole thing from that photo, still shit.

I did not expect a gold lion that was raised and included so much detail…

maybe it’s shit, maybe it’s good… let’s wait to see the whole thing and then we can judge on it again. 

it’s not the image we saw, there’s a difference…

Shit?  Let’s hold fire for now…

spacer.png

Also, to refer back to my point about the badge execution on the authentic/player jerseys from the World Cup, look at these stunners! 🤤

PS - the Germany one isn't an embroidery - it's textured TPU so it looks like one but without the weight...

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.59.34.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.57.30.png

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.58.04.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we considering this a leaked image as opposed to something fan generated?

I'm just going based on the way on-kit crests have been looking in the last couple of seasons. It could well be fan-generated but, importantly, it's plausible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looked like some form of rubber to me… but TPU it is 😆

Zoom in and you can see more clearly… there are some marks or dots that make it more apparent…

hope it’s durable 😆

Looks like concrete finish to me, not seen rubber with that finish 

IMG_5355.jpeg

Â