Train Strikes

Louis

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think 40 minutes is a but optimistic! More a hour i would think. But i like walking so that doesnt bother me just as long as i know where i am going

Last season I walked back to New Street after every single game. Less than an hour, typical 40-45 minutes with a brisk walk, but probably an hour if you're a bimbler.

I reckoned the quickest way was across the park up towards where the Ruskin used to be, then down the side of the Ruskin  - past the little row of shops and a chippie, and basically keep going in a straight line, you have to swerve right through some houses a bit, but it bends back round - then take a left and then a right past the post office depot, across the dual carriage way, straight on, at the end turn right then left and keep going on till you get to the old steam pump thingy, under the underpass, up a ramp and then you're on the edge of town and walk down past the courts and keep going to New Street (that's from memory). I reckon I could do it in my sleep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

and then you're on the edge of town

Vilers not allowed in town, mate. 

Hordes* of zulus line the streets, it’s too dangerous. 

*I can count on one hand (a normal one not a six fingered one) how many blues shirts I’ve seen in town over the years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Last season I walked back to New Street after every single game. Less than an hour, typical 40-45 minutes with a brisk walk, but probably an hour if you're a bimbler.

I reckoned the quickest way was across the park up towards where the Ruskin used to be, then down the side of the Ruskin  - past the little row of shops and a chippie, and basically keep going in a straight line, you have to swerve right through some houses a bit, but it bends back round - then take a left and then a right past the post office depot, across the dual carriage way, straight on, at the end turn right then left and keep going on till you get to the old steam pump thingy, under the underpass, up a ramp and then you're on the edge of town and walk down past the courts and keep going to New Street (that's from memory). I reckon I could do it in my sleep.

Ill follow you pete when i next come up 😃

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Pete you should have asked, you could get door to door service, me and one of the son/daughter go every game, saves you walking.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The snow hill line services seem to be ok when I checked today but I am somewhat suspicious about that. I will look again tomorrow morning before I decide what to do. It is getting frankly a pain in the arse.

I’ve already deceived what to do and not go.

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Attempting this today. Wish me luck

• Like 1

Anyone on here use the AV1 bus from Tamworth area? Caught it a few times, used to be able to pay on the day, but noticed now you can book in advance on the app. But today's game seems to have disappeared off the app, wondered if this means it's sold out? Don't want to risk getting turned away

Well, in a twist of irony - driving there hasn’t been much better either. The m1 northbound was closed which has put an hour extra onto our journey. Apparently there was some sort of incident. Today is clearly not the day to travel anywhere by train, car or carrier pigeon. 

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Well, in a twist of irony - driving there hasn’t been much better either. The m1 northbound was closed which has put an hour extra onto our journey. Apparently there was some sort of incident. Today is clearly not the day to travel anywhere by train, car or carrier pigeon. 

I remember everytime I went to Villa Park by car, I was getting stuck everytime on the M6 and some of the M40. Happens on nearly every road in the UK. You can't get a decent drive in the UK at all.

• Like 1

Â