77 members have voted

1. 1. Alongside Macca?

• Shaun Teale
    • Kent Nielsen
    • Gareth 'ambitious' Southgate
    • Ugo '£' Ehiogu
    • Olof Mellberg
    • Derek Mountfield!

Have to disagree with you there PB - I liked Southgate too but think Olly is a far stronger, faster and better defender than the dullest CB we've ever employed.... Also GS gets points docked for his money orientated 'ambition' (and for missing that spot kick :winkold: )

Although I agree with this:

Shaun Teale. Coz he was a badass.
:D

I still think prefer Southgate - he was class and even though he's

the dullest CB we've ever employed
I reckon CBs should be dull, dependable and not prone to falling on his arse every few matches (unlike Olly...)

Mellberg, as we need atleast 1 CB to have some pace.

McGrath was bloody quick for a man with no knees who played in trainers most of the time

thing was he never looked like he was moving quickly and also becuase of his positional strength never needed to either.

Anyway we're looking for his 'partner' here

Mellberg, as we need atleast 1 CB to have some pace.

McGrath was bloody quick for a man with no knees who played in trainers most of the time

thing was he never looked like he was moving quickly and also becuase of his positional strength never needed to either.

Anyway we're looking for his 'partner' here

I was only 6 or 7 when McGrath last played for us, so excuse me if i cant recall wether he was quick or not :)

I challange you to judge how quick Villa CB was when you was that age :lol: Out of interest who was it back then?