Matchday 1. Starting XI. Season '23-'24.

maqroll

This is based on being realistic in tranfers. I think more could be replaced but realistically probably only going to get 3 quality upgrades in with how much they will cost. One of the new players will probably be guendouzi. Not sure on the other 2.

Martinez

New            Carlos         Mings      Moreno

New             Luiz           Kamara     Buendia

New            Watkins

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is based on being realistic in tranfers. I think more could be replaced but realistically probably only going to get 3 quality upgrades in with how much they will cost. One of the new players will probably be guendouzi. Not sure on the other 2.

Martinez

New            Watkins

Think this is fairly likely. Upfront could be Watkins, Duran or a 3rd striker we sign 

17 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Martinez

New            Watkins

I think it's possible we sign Torres and sell Mings. Keep Konsa as backup and either keep Chambers or find a replacement for him.

Martinez

Wan Bissaka     Carlos         Mings      Moreno

Guandouzi          Luiz          Kamara     Buendia

N. Williams            Thuram

Hypothetical, based on realistic signings/links this window.  This is a team who can make a real challenge for Europe next season and is a very realistic window for us.  

• Wan Bissaka (30m) - One of the best 1:1 defenders in all of the Premier League.  Starting games for Man United this season out of necessity, but he has fallen down the pecking order and would fit perfectly in Emery's system as a long term replacement for Young at RB.
  • Guandouzi (40m) - Lots of links here this January, but you get a sense that he's a much better fit for this position than either JJ or McGinn with his defensive attributes and his superior passing ability.  
  • Nico Williams (45m) - Really depends on if he wants to come here this summer or not.  Reliable links out of Spain said we made the approach this January and would activate his release clause but he didn't want to leave Bilbao at this time.  Could change his mind this summer.  HUGE upgrade on Bailey and could turn into one of the best players in the world in a few years.  Would be the most ambitious signing we could make this season.
  • Thuram (Free) - Pace, power, and clinical finishing ability.  Could be this summer's free transfer steal, like with Kamara this past summer.  If not, someone like Moussa Dembele on a free would also be a good option for us.  

Bench:

• New GK
  • Cash
  • Konsa
  • New CB
  • New LB/Young again
  • Dendoncker
  • JJ
  • Coutinho
  • Bailey
  • Watkins
  • Duran

Sell/Release

• Olsen (Shambolic.  Not good enough as a backup)
  • Nakamba (Not good enough)
  • McGinn (It's time.  Let's cash in on the profit)
  • Chambers (Not fast enough to play a high line)
  • Sanson (Time to cut our losses)
  • Wesley (Release.  Done as a footballer)
  • Hause (Not good enough)
  • Davies (Not good enough, will generate profit)
  • Traore (Not good enough)
  • Any Emery does not rate and will generate profit:
    • JPB
    • Archer
    • Timmy I
    • Aaron Ramsey

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think it's possible we sign Torres and sell Mings. Keep Konsa as backup and either keep Chambers or find a replacement for him.

I think we will sign another CB as we will try get rid of chambers but not sure we will spend 40-50 mill on torres. Maybe a younger upcoming CB

Cash will probably be sold, young given 1 more year contract and we sign a starting RB.

Bailey is probably the most interesting one. I can see us trying to sell him if he doesn't improve in remainder of season. I think his position absolutely must be upgraded for next season.

Over the next two windows

Starters:

RB/CB, LCB, RM, LM/CAM, ST

1st Team Comp/Squad:

Backup GK, Young LWB, young box to box CM, young & direct RW/SS

Martinez

FOYTH        Carlos       SCHLOTTERBECK    Moreno

GUENDOUZI       Luiz           Kamara         KAMADA

Bailey/NEW            NEW

Â