Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Big target man brutal effective in front of goal did nothing off the ball like Emery wants so I disagree. Same reason nonsense Lukaku rumours were nonsense

Ooh, steady on there, bud.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Big target man brutal effective in front of goal did nothing off the ball like Emery wants so I disagree. Same reason nonsense Lukaku rumours were nonsense

Errr… chill out dude. I’m not saying we’re signing Benteke right now or a similar player 🤣

The fact is, he’s was pretty much an unstoppable force for us. We were relegated without him, he made the Lambert era bearable. One of the best and most feared strikers in the league when he was on peak form for us.

You’d be mad to not want that player here if by some miracle it was possible…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Ooh, steady on there, bud.

As usual, the mere thought of any transfer activity (even if it’s not what we’re talking about) is pissing him off… he’s relentless, I’ll give him that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We’re not signing Lukaku and I wouldn’t want him… especially with his huge wages and demands, doubt he’d even be interested. Nothing to do with what I was saying anyway…

Peak Benteke was much better than Lukaku too. Not identical players.

Benteke had the ability to dominate and score goals almost out of nothing himself… he carried us at times… what a signing he was…

It’s a shame he didn’t play in a better side, because we could actually have achieved something…

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Errr… chill out dude. I’m not saying we’re signing Benteke right now or a similar player 🤣

The fact is, he’s was pretty much an unstoppable force for us. We were relegated without him, he made the Lambert era bearable. One of the best and most feared strikers in the league when he was on peak form for us.

You’d be mad to not want that player here if by some miracle it was possible…

You chill out dude. Why is several opinions I have met with chill out dude. Is it so bad that I rate several players that people write off and that I think times have changed and the past is the past regards some players? I want Villa to be successful. The end

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Minutes per goal is a better indicator than appearances per goal.

Maybe, but its not easily reported....people compiling these reports, go with appearances.

I get what you are saying.....but its only a thumb rule....not a forensic analysis....If you do the same for every compared player, it evens itself out.

Even if you did what you suggested, someone would add another caveat.

Just now, Jas10 said:

I still can’t believe that a comment was made here rating JWP higher than Dougie and calling him overrated…

😂😂😂

That had to be bait but then they backed it up saying it wasn't. Bizarre

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

You chill out dude. Why is several opinions I have met with chill out dude. Is it so bad that I rate several players that people write off and that I think times have changed and the past is the past regards some players? I want Villa to be successful. The end

Because you are the most aggressive and abrasive poster here. It’s obvious to everyone and so many have called you out on it but you don’t heed anyone’s advice.

You don’t share opinions calmly, you’re too forceful and come across as angry.

I’m not going to say much more because we’re gonna derail this thread and I don’t want to get into an argument.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do you know how we be successful?

By strengthening the team and signing quality players when and where the opportunities arise…

Standing still and keeping the same squad is more of a hindrance than an aid…

But one thing I will agree on you on is… we do have some really good players that Unai has improved considerably.

We can add to it, help them even more, and achieve more…

21 hours ago, Tom13 said:

If they're that widely available - post them instead of apps then! Apps doesn't hold much weight at all unless the player is playing close to the full 90 every game.

I've answered Sulberto.....If the same criteria is used for each comparable player, it evens its self out.....Its just a thumb rule.

These loan deals are stressing me out 

Wesley,Davis,Sanson and Traore need to be moved on permanently now im sick and fed up of hearing their names still linked with this club. Why is it so bloody impossible to sell this bunch.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Because you are the most aggressive and abrasive poster here. It’s obvious to everyone and so many have called you out on it but you don’t heed anyone’s advice.

You don’t share opinions calmly, you’re too forceful and come across as angry.

I’m not going to say much more because we’re gonna derail this thread and I don’t want to get into an argument.

I do get angry about people writing off some decent players for some of the +100 linked fantasy spunk links that no one's ever heard until googled after random Spanish et al links to us. That's true

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Sorry, guys, but I'm not sure we need a new striker. I really don't. I wouldn't have said that before seeing Diaby last night. He's effectively able to cover part of the striker role and still float and weave outside on the right. It takes the load off Ollie, too. And with Jaden Philogene in the mix, we have at least three forwards who can score goals and a creative, canny midfield. I think Cam will come around, too. Indeed, we're almost overloaded with forwards. Could Jaden hack it against top PL opposition? It's perfectly obvious he can rise to the challenge. We drew fairly easily against Newcastle, and cruised past Fulham, who aren't shit (finished 10th, right?). 

A "wing-backy," Moreno-style right back and a stronger second keeper are all I think we need, provided there are no big injuries, but these, personally, seem vital to me. I'm way more of a fan of Mattie than many on VT, but we need options at RB.

Maybe be beyond us now, but Jeremie Frimpong would be my first choice for Emeryball, hands down.

We need a new forward player we cannot rely on just watkins and diaby , even diaby might be lucky enough to get 10 goals so we certainly need someone else we can put our trust in to deliver an equivalent output. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do you know how we be successful?

By strengthening the team and signing quality players when and where the opportunities arise…

Standing still and keeping the same squad is more of a hindrance than an aid…

But one thing I will agree on you on is… we do have some really good players that Unai has improved considerably.

We can add to it, help them even more, and achieve more…

Lot of successful teams maintain a core and don't replace half a team like some would want. I could make a big list of big money signings that Liverpool have made under Klopp that have barely kicked a ball. You have players and Emery talking about small squad and small family and still every transfer window

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I do get angry about people writing off some decent players for some of the +100 linked fantasy spunk links that no one's ever heard until googled after random Spanish et al links to us. That's true

I really do think you have an exaggerated view on this… I can’t fathom why you get SO annoyed.

I’ve barely seen anyone here shitting on any players, I would go as far as to say that this is probably one of the most positive periods and most of our players are getting high and consistent praise. We are mostly a happy bunch…

The only player I have written off is Olsen, even if there’s still an inkling in the back of my mind that Unai could improve him… but how many chances can you give to a player that can be a liability? That can cost you points and games…

Do you honestly believe that we’ve only ever had good players? Has there never been a player that you didn’t rate, disliked or wanted sold???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

And who is this Marc Pubil any good? Looks like an absolute nobody from the outside looking in, looks like one for the future based on profile.

A “diamond in the rough” perhaps?

16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

this is exactly what I would be open to selling a player like Konsa, Dendoncker, Bailey, Buendía or McGinn for FFP purposes. Allows us to cash in on a player will give us breathing room within ffp for the upcoming years. Deciding that we are not going to sell any of our best players is what we all want, but we are not at the financial level commercially that we are able to do so. Unfortunately, the reality of ffp. 

Konsa and mcginn !!!! Are you mad!! 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lot of successful teams maintain a core and don't replace half a team like some would want. I could make a big list of big money signings that Liverpool have made under Klopp that have barely kicked a ball. You have players and Emery talking about small squad and small family and still every transfer window

I don’t think there’s a single poster here that wants that.

I agree with your point, you need a good core and we have one… I love these players…

But why not add to it and enhance it if possible?

Again, I think you have an exaggerated view on this…

I don’t know what’s influencing you so strongly to be stuck in this mindset…