20th May Auteuil 15:15 3M 6F CHASE 3m 5f 181yds - Each Way

10. Djakadam 8/1

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

20th May Auteuil 15:55 3M 1 1/2F HURDLE 3m 1f 77yds - Each Way

8. Killultagh Vic 8/1

E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• 5 months later...
46 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Took 9/2 last night, Into 2/1 this am with over night money. 

Went in my notebook after hacking up on debut in a ladies pro/am bumper earlier in the year.

Bought for £150k since and now trained by De Bromhead who trained the second in that race.

40/1 for the Supreme Novices at the festival (2018 winner Summerville Boy won the same race on debut in 2017 for the same trainer).

Edited by snowychap
move on up
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone playing today?

Nothing to invest but I've selected three for an imaginary e/w patent at Cheltenham:

1.50 Perfect Candidate

2.25 Mister Whitaker

3.30 Point Of Principle

Edited by snowychap

21 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Nothing to invest but I've selected three for an imaginary e/w patent at Cheltenham:

1.50 Perfect Candidate

2.25 Mister Whitaker

3.30 Point Of Principle

And because it’s imaginary, it will probably come in. Sods  law that. 

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2018 at 10:39, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone playing today? 

Not been playing for a while Ruge.

Frame of mind has not the best of late and learned that it's not ideal to gamble, Alough I did have a look at Cheltenham yesterday and picked 3 imaginary's, they all came nowhere. :huh:

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not been playing for a while Ruge.

Frame of mind has not the best of late and learned that it's not ideal to gamble, Alough I did have a look at Cheltenham yesterday and picked 3 imaginary's, they all came nowhere. :huh:

I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind. If I’ve got shit going on, then I don’t gamble, because just can’t be arsed and haven’t got the head for it. 

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:31, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone that can conquer the horse racing game, in terms of betting, and being successful, you have a very wise man. Although, some might say a wiser man wouldn’t gamble ?

I always found that winners came in the 7:50 at Wolverhampton, not the 3:40 at Cheltenham.

Ive also long since given it up, of all the gambling I used to do I was far more successful at the horses than anything else, it definitely seems that if you know what you are doing you can be rewarded, nearly every other sport was more like a lottery for me. I was just gambling to make it more enjoyable to watch.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I always found that winners came in the 7:50 at Wolverhampton, not the 3:40 at Cheltenham.

Ive also long since given it up, of all the gambling I used to do I was far more successful at the horses than anything else.

Horse racing has definitely changed over the last 10-15yrs and it has not helped that he bookies have had more of an involvement and influence over the sport like they have.

A change with the modern area? Maybe, but I agree I am also not into punting like I used to be from 1994-2014.  A great era of horse racing though.

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Alpha Des Obeaux , Thurles 

Zubayr , Wincanton 

had these two as doubles with my flat racing picks for the day. 

Bit of interest Ruge?

I glanced the Wincanton card and it looked ugly.

I picked out a shadow L63 at Market Rasen avoiding the last race.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bit of interest Ruge?

I glanced the Wincanton card and it looked ugly.

I picked out a shadow L63 at Market Rasen avoiding the last race.

Nah, had a flutter. Nothing silly, just a bit of fun really. Tbf I try not to gamble in the week unless it’s the footy. But I can’t help but have a look most days at the horses. Had a little win last night, so been playing around today with my winnings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Ive also long since given it up, of all the gambling I used to do I was far more successful at the horses than anything else, it definitely seems that if you know what you are doing you can be rewarded, nearly every other sport was more like a lottery for me. I was just gambling to make it more enjoyable to watch.

I know people who are very much into it. They have note books and note down everything. The landlord in one of my locals has a white board in the back room where he stores all his relevant info for the week. I really enjoy it tbf, but I wouldn’t class myself nowhere near being a pro. I just haven’t the time, patience, or the will to spend too much money on it. I’m usually more successful with the horses than the footy though, although I have some bad runs which really test your desire to carry on. It’s all fun though, and I never lose big. 

Â