Formula One - 2023

BOF

34 minutes ago, Farlz said:

20 second wins becoming the norm now. 

8 in a row now for Max, must be a little pressure for him to equal the record at his home race. 

He has so much speed in hand things like grid penalties are not really a concern.

Going back to the sprint... if you delay the start for so long that the cars immediately pit on the restart to get rid of the full wets, then surely you've delayed it too long?

What's the point of wets?

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Going back to the sprint... if you delay the start for so long that the cars immediately pit on the restart to get rid of the full wets, then surely you've delayed it too long?

I assumed it was a case of extreme caution due to the young driver who was killed in a crash there earlier this year.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd say that's fair to say, yes. I would say it's probably a tricky balancing act to get it right on such a changing circuit. Wets are becoming less and less relevant as the risk averse FIA tend to abandon races in conditions where wets are needed. A bit like the days of localised double-waved yellows being gone now in favour of neutralising the entire track with a VSC.

Maybe it sounds stupid I dunno but they might as well ban full wet weather racing, we're basically half way there anyway. Any potential rain now means a race will be delayed and delayed until the conditions are suitable for inters. 

It seems as if the FIA are trying to sort out the complete lack of visibility due to spray which could help wet weather racing but that seems a fair bit away right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Maybe it sounds stupid I dunno but they might as well ban full wet weather racing, we're basically half way there anyway. Any potential rain now means a race will be delayed and delayed until the conditions are suitable for inters. 

It seems as if the FIA are trying to sort out the complete lack of visibility due to spray which could help wet weather racing but that seems a fair bit away right now. 

It doesn’t seem the hardest thing in the world, considering just how advanced the cars are. The issue is the spray for the car behind, could they have some sort of mud flaps or covers over the rear wheels when it’s very wet?

The technical answer is probably no because it would cock up the aerodynamics so much they become harder to handle.

Pop it on the list of things that are wrong with F1.

• 3 weeks later...

Felipe Massa threatening to take legal action over losing the 2008 title saying he was cheated out of the win in the 2008 Singapore gp when pique jr crashed on purpose to give Alonso the win

Can't see him getting anywhere with it

On 19/08/2023 at 20:42, Jimzk5 said:

Felipe Massa threatening to take legal action over losing the 2008 title saying he was cheated out of the win in the 2008 Singapore gp when pique jr crashed on purpose to give Alonso the win

Can't see him getting anywhere with it

A bit like our VAR failure against Sheffield Utd, I don't think you can prove that GP cost him the title, unless you assume that everything after that point would have unfolded in exactly the same way