June Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish in 2022/3?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/22 at 22:09

11th comes to mind because I'm really not sure about Gerrard - not enough to be pessimistic, especially with the signings we've made, but I just don't know if he's the guy. 

Still two starting players short of a top 10 side.  We are one injury from a starting midfield of McGinn, Luiz and JJ - which has been proven over an extended period to be too inconsistent, not good enough at protecting our Back 4 and too prone to conceding possession cheaply.  I also think we need a striker who is better suited to feeding off Couts and Emi2.  That would still leave us slightly exposed at FB should Cash or Digne get a longish term injury.  And if Emi1 is injured I'd be worried.  However, I am definitely a bit more confident than I was a couple of weeks ago and hope that we have more grounds for optimism incoming soon.

18 hours ago, allani said:

Still two starting players short of a top 10 side.  We are one injury from a starting midfield of McGinn, Luiz and JJ - which has been proven over an extended period to be too inconsistent, not good enough at protecting our Back 4 and too prone to conceding possession cheaply.  I also think we need a striker who is better suited to feeding off Couts and Emi2.  That would still leave us slightly exposed at FB should Cash or Digne get a longish term injury.  And if Emi1 is injured I'd be worried.  However, I am definitely a bit more confident than I was a couple of weeks ago and hope that we have more grounds for optimism incoming soon.

Pretty sure Chambers could cover right back if needed. He has shown he can handle prem league football. Agree about left back cover.  

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Pretty sure Chambers could cover right back if needed. He has shown he can handle prem league football. Agree about left back cover.  

Chambers and Konsa could probably cover whilst we give our youngsters another year on loan.  Not sure that I would be so keen on Young or Mings on the left. 😆

• Like 1

So as it stands at the start of June we have:

Made Coutinho permanent

Filled the No.6 Void (finally)

Strengthened Central defence

Replaced the main Coach

It looks like we are deffo after a back up LB, Will be extending the back up keepers deal and will be possibly bringing in at least a couple of others. 

I'm personally already very optimistic now for the new season.

• Like 2