Rds1983

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

A fluky first guess kinda made my second guess the most logical word ..... Do I win the  the internet   ?

Wordle 788 2/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Congratulations Tony, what you win is today's Villa Talk Wordle Thread Winner of the Day title (for a day). Yay ! 🤩  And this nice little Wordle Winner's Cup that I'm about to present you with...  🏆   👏👏👏

• Haha 1

Wordle 789 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Have any of you ever guessed the word with just one guess?! I haven't.

For a long time now I've started with the same word and I just found out that it has never been the Wordle word before so I can't go changing it now! That would be a bit like changing your lottery numbers suddenly only for them to come up subsequently (well, a bit different as no money is involved! But anyway).

I just found a list online of all previous Wordle words.

Edited by robby b

45 minutes ago, robby b said:

ave any of you ever guessed the word with just one guess?! I haven't.

For a long time now I've started with the same word and I just found out that it has never been the Wordle word before so I can't go changing it now! That would be a bit like changing your lotter numbers suddenly only for them to come up subsequently (well, a bit different as no money is involved! But anyway).

I got really close once I think I used Pasty as a starting word, 'cus I'd just eaten one and the answer was maybe Paste, from memory.

I mostly use the same starting word and have a second word for if none of the letters come up with that guess

Spoiler

Raise and Youth - to cover all the vowels, plus RSTHY which are common letters, but sometimes use STAIR, or ROAST or similar for a change for a day or two

but do change it away from time to time, like if I have a good run I kind of think "there's bound to be a shift from the compiler for a day or two, to keep the thing from getting in a rut".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robby b said:

Have any of you ever guessed the word with just one guess?! I haven't.

Yep twice I think but its unlikely to happen again as the second time was when my current start word was the solution and I haven't changed it and have no intention of changing it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Avit!

Wordle 789 2/6*

⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today's winner! 🤩 Probably. Unless we get a dramatic late entrance from Risso or some random guest Wordler also with just two guesses or even just one. Unlikely.

So here's the Wordle Winner of the Day cup:  🏆

• Thanks 1

Â