EURO 2020: General Chat

AXD

28 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The people who put the list together have not watched the games, they are just given the results and the team sheets up on a wall, which is coveted by a picture of Priti Patel and they just throw darts at her.

It’s crazy really - every game he was out of position and caught too narrow. Only saved by his sheer pace or Stones covering him. 

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s crazy really - every game he was out of position and caught too narrow. Only saved by his sheer pace or Stones covering him. 

Southgate favourite though, he'll keep these lot in for the WC too.

I think he could name the same squad bar 3 dropping out and maybe Greenwood and TAA coming in 

Theres several players there that he obviously doesn't trust but I bet they're still in the next squad, looking specifically at DCL, it's a joke if he gets called up again, waste of a shirt if Southgate isn't going to play him 

Surely qualifiers would have to be scrapped if they ever went to 32 teams in euros?! There's what around 50 teams in european qualificaiton now so you're getting to stage where only nations to miss out would be likes of San Marino, Andorra, Malta etc.

Guess you could just use nations league as qualifiers which will probably eventually happen but Uefa would need to manipulate that a bit as with present format you have stuff like Germany finishing bottom although guess they'd just get endless play offs to still get to the finals.

Should've kept it to 16 but I do like seeing likes of Wales, Scotland and Hungary all in tournaments again after long absences and very tough for them to make world cups nowadays with how the seedings work. Hungary and Wales certainly made big impact on last two euros to justify them getting in.

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Completely disagree, with the exception of one mistake against Ukraine he had a great tournament and was more often than not bailing out his cb’s. 

Â