• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Trezeguet (El Ghazi 62)
    • Davis (Sanson 67)
    • Ramsey (Luiz 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/21 at 22:59

32 minutes ago, Louis said:

Is there still a possible chance we could finish in a Europa league position?

It's possible... but becoming quite remote now to be fair. We've got Liverpool away, Man United at home, Chelsea at home, Everton (TWICE still), Palace away, and Man City at home. It's a big ask for us I think to do much with all of those fixtures to come. Some of those historically are dead rubbers for us.  

But, we always have the ability to 'shit-house' a result from somewhere, like on Sunday. Whilst I think he is inconsistent and not really good enough for where we are looking to 'go' as a Club, Trezeguet was a great provider of positive outcomes on Sunday. Fair play to him. 

And pleased for Ollie too. 

7 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

It's possible... but becoming quite remote now to be fair. We've got Liverpool away, Man United at home, Chelsea at home, Everton (TWICE still), Palace away, and Man City at home. It's a big ask for us I think to do much with all of those fixtures to come. Some of those historically are dead rubbers for us.  

But, we always have the ability to 'shit-house' a result from somewhere, like on Sunday. Whilst I think he is inconsistent and not really good enough for where we are looking to 'go' as a Club, Trezeguet was a great provider of positive outcomes on Sunday. Fair play to him. 

And pleased for Ollie too. 

Every game is hard, I’m really not too sure. Without Jack, we’ve been a bit dried up on the goals (except for Sunday). Even though, could we even see him again this season? I couldn’t really understand Trezeguet not starting, I think he’s good, and so for Keinan.

Very surprising that those were Trezeguet's first 2 goals of the season. Ollie's winner puts him 1 behind Heskey, Baros, Parker & Mountfield.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

what trez done was basic stuff.....ran for fun, and scored from positions where goals are scored from.....not rocket science......middle of the D and the back post.....simples.

He is still not good enough if we're going to progress next season let's be honest (one game doesn't change that) and we need to improve on him and AEG, but I can't fault his work rate and desire to get into the box and try to help the team. He deserves praise for helping us get the win yesterday probably more than anyone else.

He also has a knack of scoring important goals at vital moments like the goals he scored last season to keep us up.

If Barkley had anywhere near his desire or work rate (being a significantly better player technically) then he'd absolutely still be in the team. Unfortunately he doesn't.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He is still not good enough if we're going to progress next season let's be honest (one game doesn't change that) and we need to improve on him and AEG, but I can't fault his work rate and desire to get into the box and try to help the team. He deserves praise for helping us get the win yesterday probably more than anyone else.

He also has a knack of scoring important goals at vital moments like the goals he scored last season to keep us up.

If Barkley had anywhere near his desire or work rate (being a significantly better player technically) then he'd absolutely still be in the team. Unfortunately he doesn't.

Yeah, he will never be a dead cert starter, but as an impact sub and cover, he offers a lot.

If we played 2 up top, assuming Wes needs more time, having Keinan alongside Ollie would be epic.  I know he won't score, but he'll hold on to possession and create, as he showed yesterday.

He may yet become a better player, he's never really had a run of games in his career, at any level, so, who knows?  Must be a reason why so many of our managers have kept him around

15 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Yeah, he will never be a dead cert starter, but as an impact sub and cover, he offers a lot.

If we played 2 up top, assuming Wes needs more time, having Keinan alongside Ollie would be epic.  I know he won't score, but he'll hold on to possession and create, as he showed yesterday.

He may yet become a better player, he's never really had a run of games in his career, at any level, so, who knows?  Must be a reason why so many of our managers have kept him around

Davis has always had that natural strength and ability to hold off defenders, he also deserves praise for his impact on Sunday, and as you say has barely had much of a look in. Though previously when he's come on he hasn't had much impact, he needs to keep doing what he did Sunday if he gets more chances in the team.

Whether it's the right time to go two up front against Liverpool, I'm not sure, I don't think it is given the difficulty of the game but he could play Davis up front and push Watkins out wide (especially if Jack isn't fit, but I really really hope he is because we need him and if he's out much longer he won't go to the Euros).

If Davis could finish he'd be some player, it's a shame he's never developed that side of his game. I'd like to see him go out on loan next season in the Champ to see if he can become a regular scorer.

• Like 1

Â