• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Trezeguet (El Ghazi 62)
    • Davis (Sanson 67)
    • Ramsey (Luiz 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/21 at 22:59

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah he looked a man possessed getting forward after the mistake.

I actually think our bad form has coincided with mings not dictating the play or bringing the ball out from the back after he got hounded for his last mistake 

• Like 4

Just now, gaffer85 said:

I actually think our bad form has coincided with mings not dictating the play or bringing the ball out from the back after he got hounded for his last mistake 

Good point you know.

Just awful up until we gifted them a goal, Fulham were not much better mind. Credit to Mings for making up for his error, took a risk going beyond his fullback, put in not the greatest cross in the world to be honest, but Trez with a nifty bit of movement made it work. It really spooked Fulham, they just lost all belief and our tails were up. Credit to Smith for the changes but Fulham really helped our cause, where they were assured in defence and possession before we scored they were severely lacking after. It's as if they didn't really have a plan after going ahead...

I'll happily take the three points and the confidence it brings, we desperately needed something to change our momentum.  

• Like 1

Oh, that's why I get up early every week. 🤫

Still, so terribly static until after their goal, which finally seemed to put a little energy in us. Can't count the number of times Luiz or Sanson received the ball from a defender and had absolutely nobody showing for a pass or moving ahead of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Mings to start on the left wing for the next game.

I know I said it in jest but we rarely pull the ball back. In fact the only person who does it is Jack and we've scored from that situation before.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

On Fulham.

Once they took the lead they sat back and hid in their shell.

It's a really bad sign. In order to stay up you need to be brave, this is the sort of cowardly mentality that will see you down.

Who cares about the woes of Fulham ?

Subs made the difference and the timing of them was key too. Not leaving it too late. Mings had his usual one game moment of lapse in concentration. But fair play he made up for it with the assist for the first. 

Trezzy did really well with his finishes and Kienan showed how well he can play. Was a different animal. We upped the intensity and played much better last 20mins. Traore so good for Watkins goal. And Ramsey was absolutely excellent when he came on too.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

On Fulham.

Once they took the lead they sat back and hid in their shell.

It's a really bad sign. In order to stay up you need to be brave, this is the sort of cowardly mentality that will see you down.

Reminded me of the villa of old 

Had to go trez motm, still don’t rate him but big praise for his impact today, Davis too made a difference, he’s deserving of more game time and smith needs to stop being so rigid and mix it up abit with formation and team selection, the last 15 papered over massive cracks in our offensive play which has been slow and awful for weeks, let’s hope this result breeds some confidence for the matches ahead.

Positives: cash looking sharp, back four solid other than Mings brain fart; subs coming good; winning from behind; Davis and Ramsey looking strong; traore is a maverick 

negatives: where’s our attacking fluency; Sanson, jury is out but not looking convincing; midfield pedestrian again with no spark; traore is a maverick 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

See this time after time, no one there for us makes set pieces and corners so frustrating. 

Trez does do some of his prospecting there.

• Like 1

Generally happy with today's performance. 

I was glad to see McGinn pushed further forward after his performances for Scotland. Unfortunately, Sanson and Luiz weren't able to hold the midfield, so he didn't have a platform. This is why I thought it was a good call to bring on Nakamba when it looked like Sanson was injured - with a tougher midfield, McGinn may have had more influence.

AEG is still a kid and blows hot and cold. Today was very cold, but he'll get better. Traore was very frustrating in the first half.

There's something not quite clicking with the 4231... our wingers and fullbacks are competing for the same areas of the pitch. Fullbacks want to overlap, but wingers don't want to feed them. It must be very frustrating for them. It made me think we'd benefit from an AC Milan style 4321, xmas tree formation... mcginn & barkley, with Luiz, Nakamba & Sanson behind, fullbacks bombing on. Only when Grealish is out obviously.

Cheap goal from a Mings mistake, but we were so cagey up until then. Seemed fearful of taking posession outside the back 4. This has been a problem for months, but is a common theme in the prem this year. Build up is so slow. Everyone seems like they're playing an individual game - looking for a killer pass or dribble instead of working as a team. This is inexperience. 

Davis changed the game and created a huge amount of space. Fulham are a physically weak side (except Mitrovic). Even Ramsey & Trez were able to bully them. 

Cross early, cross often... should be our motto - Trez is always at the back post - love him for that. Watkins will be in the 6yd - hed score another 10 this year if Targett & Cash crossed first time. 

Still - a wins a win. Didn't see a route back. Smith played a blinder by going with Trez, Davis & Ramsey - incredibly brave to leave barkley on the bench.

UTV

• Like 1

Â