• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Trezeguet (El Ghazi 62)
    • Davis (Sanson 67)
    • Ramsey (Luiz 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

That’s a huge exaggeration. We were average at worst and in no trouble until Mings error.

Without Grealish we lack creativity - we all know that. We are a work in progress and will push on again this close season

The only thing I'd say is I think we've been sitting too deep recently. With the subs we played a further 20 yards up the pitch. With that we instantly became more creative and caused more problems. And we also shut off any potential attacks because they couldn't get out.

• Like 3

El Ghazi had a shocker again. 

When he’s bad, he’s really bad. I think his day was summed up by the left foot shank he put straight out for a throw in under little to no pressure.

Don’t want to single him out because there were plenty of sun-par performances for the majority of the game but he’s just totally ineffective on a bad day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Excellent from Mings to rectify his mistake. Great finishing from Trezeguet and a lot of credit to Smith for changing it up and winning us the game with those changes. Really happy for KD to get an assist with his hard work. 

Yeah he looked a man possessed getting forward after the mistake.

• Like 2

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

El Ghazi had a shocker again. 

When he’s bad, he’s really bad. I think his day was summed up by the left foot shank he put straight out for a throw in under little to no pressure.

Don’t want to single him out because there were plenty of sun-par performances for the majority of the game but he’s just totally ineffective on a bad day.

That's what £7-10million buys you unfortunately. 

Looking at the positives:

Back four apart from the goal looked pretty solid.

McGinn looked buoyed up by his Scotland exploits.

Trez, Davis & Ramsey injected the urgency and energy we have been missing from matches since the Burnley first half.

Smith changed tactics and personnel and reaped a handsome reward.

Watkins got a goal which should help his confidence. 

At least if Luiz keeps playing like this we shouldn't lose him to Man City.

Traore who I thought tried all game but for the first seventy minutes was not really getting anything to come off suddenly put in some useful crosses. The one for the goal was with his right foot even. More of that would make him a player who can genuinely go either side which would make him a much greater threat.

Hopefully this result can be the mirror image of the Burnley game and see the team give the team the confidence needed to get in people's faces pressing high up and driving at the opposition from the start of games for the rest of the season.

Negatives:

Mings doesn't seem to be learning that lesson.

Some of the players need more pressure on them to keep their place in the team as they are not playing with the drive and urgency of the first half of the season.

El Ghazi was anonymous

Sanson showed some promising touches but looks some way off changing the balance of a game.

Luiz has gone backwards since the COVID break.

Traore needs to stop falling to ground looking for the foul so much

I was considering switching off around the 70th minute. It was becoming too predictable. The backline pisses around with the ball in our half, then hoof the ball into Fulham's half, instantly giving away possession. We weren't going to score if the game went on for another four hours. 

I am glad I couldn't be arsed reaching for the remote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TRO said:

I think we should go 2 up top.....with 1 winger and 3 in midfield to make up the 6

2 wingers is a luxury for me......the one should float like Morley did.

I think without Jack you're right - I'd go with a 4-3-1-2 rather than add a winger, but I think without Jack having the presence of Davis is enormously valuable to us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not one to blow my own trumpet (kw gif) but I opened the pre match thread and mentioned playing (well, starting) Keinan Davies. 

I'd be happy to see him get more game time

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is it just me, or does Scott Parker have a tiny body and a disproportionately enormous head? 

I'll give it him....he has fantastic belief.

• Confused 1

Â