Crewe and Nantwich byelection. Who will win?

snowychap

Who will take Crewe (and Nantwich)?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take Crewe (and Nantwich)?

• Tamsin Dunwoody (Labour)
    • Elisabeth Shenton (Liberal Democrat)
    • Edward Timpson (Conservative)

They cant put another unelected PM in without getting a mandate from the country.
Yes they can, you might argue that its wrong but there is nothing to stop them
I think the country has given them a very strong mandate for putting in another PM.

They cant put another unelected PM in without getting a mandate from the country.

Yes they can, you might argue that its wrong but there is nothing to stop them

Yeah that's what I meant Bicks, they could it's whether they should.

Well what they should do, is resign and all walk away but we don't live in a perfect world

Again I agree with you. So here's a question; If Labour make the decision sometime this year that Brown has to go and they want to replace him without calling a General Election, how do you think they'll try to sell it?

Well what they should do, is resign and all walk away but we don't live in a perfect world

Again I agree with you. So here's a question; If Labour make the decision sometime this year that Brown has to go and they want to replace him without calling a General Election, how do you think they'll try to sell it?

Badly, it simply won't work and the longer they keep going the bigger the hole they have to dig themselves out of. The people have got into the mindset that its time for a change, theres little the Labour Party can do about that now

The people have got into the mindset that its time for a change, theres little the Labour Party can do about that now
Oh but there is, they can offer "change and continuity". Doublespeak.

Ill health.

Other than that I think they would be close to causing national uproar if they were to change leader without calling an election.

The only other way would be if they push things so that there is a summer of discontent and strikes and they could possibly sell it as needing someone new in order to best address the 'new' problems being faced by the country.

Could Alan Johnson be promoted as some kind of supreme negotiator to deal with the unions?

Â