Crewe and Nantwich byelection. Who will win?

snowychap

Who will take Crewe (and Nantwich)?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take Crewe (and Nantwich)?

• Tamsin Dunwoody (Labour)
    • Elisabeth Shenton (Liberal Democrat)
    • Edward Timpson (Conservative)

Of course, if you want to canvass, it helps not to have alienated your core support, or else there won't be the foot soldiers to do the work - just the phone calls from paid staff at a party office somewhere

That is also an excellent point and something the Conservatives have struggled with in the last 13 years I'd say, the core support / foot soldiers has dwindled. I think it is an issue Labour will struggle with over the next phase

That first report shows what a poor political decision it was for him not to go to the country last Autumn. Everyone could see that bad times were ahead economically and to be honest it's always the economy which loses it for governments

That first report shows what a poor political decision it was for him not to go to the country last Autumn. Everyone could see that bad times were ahead economically and to be honest it's always the economy which loses it for governments

agreed trickie.

He could/should have gone to the polls then, it was his best/only chance.

But TBH i think he was scared he would lose, and seeing how he had waited for so long to get into his position of power as PM, he did not want to risk losing it. He wanted his 2 years of power, as clearly that is all he is in it for, IMO.

He could ruin labour for a few years, this eeejut.

He could ruin labour for a few years, this eeejut

I think the fact that no one seems to want to take the job would also suggest that Labour could have a problem for a few years yet.

He could ruin labour for a few years, this eeejut
I think the fact that no one seems to want to take the job would also suggest that Labour could have a problem for a few years yet.
How do you work that one out? Do you expect people to be openly throwing their hats into the ring whilst he's still in charge (allegedly). I'd guess there are plenty willing and eager to take over, just not many capable.

Surely a heavy defeat will mean a big cabinet reshuffle, coming on the back of the locals

Well, Blears took a deserved kicking on Question Time - which is always good - and word out out via This Week that Labour have taken a kicking in the Bye-Election. Good day all round.

On Question time and the audience clearly were not happy with the labour attempt at trying to smear the Tory candidate purley because of his upbringing ..so despite the £2.7 billion bribe it appears as though Labour have lost

Â