Baseball

ianrobo1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not writing off Cano. It's a really tough one to call this year in the AL. No player has dominated; all candidates have arguments against.

Agreed. I have to say, it is hard to find flaws in Cano's game though. Hits comfortably above the .300 mark, excellent production and as good a defensive 2nd baseman as you could wish for. I don't know. I think maybe I'd cast a biased vote for Robbie (as would Cano himself, according to an mlb.com interview).

Who do you guys like in the NL?

Mets lose in extra innings in typical fashion. Down 1, bases loaded, 1 out. Obviously a well h it ball that results in a double play when any other team would have a W. :(

2 HRs for Jose though, would be nice if he wins the batting title. Will be his last act in baseball if he doesn't re-sign though. :lol:

Apparently the Wilpons are only on the hook for upto $300m or so and that's if it can be provn they knew about Madoff's scheme and turned a blind eye to it. Seeing as that's practically impossible to prove, the max they're on the hook for is $83m.

Right in time to re-sign Jose!

Blimey. Bottom of the 8th, it was Yankees 7-0 Rays... now it's in the 10th: 7-7. Yankees... you suck! :)

Red Sox still winning in Baltimore (3-2, top of the 8th).

It's close. Very close.

C'mon Sox!! (Either way, though, I'll be hoping that the AL wild card winner wins the World Series... always had a bit of a soft spot for the Rays.)

Man, oh man... That was a ridiculous end to the regular season. As I said above, the Red Sox didn't deserve to make it... Pathetic collapse in September.

I hope the Rays win it.

I think Detroit have a damn good chance against the Yankees.

Just what we deserved, really. We weren't gonna do shit in the playoffs anyway.

Incredible fightback by Tampa.

This implosion is one for the history books though. Amazing.

Epstein will be quitting or fired, not sure about Tito....

Big upheaval down Yawkey Way this winter, no doubt.

Wow. Just wow. As I went to bed at 4 am (cet) the Sox and Yanks were up 3-2 and 7-0 respectively. As I woke up, I can't say I didn't laugh a little when I checked out mlb.com. That is just insane. Heads will have to roll at Fenway. And what a collapse by Atlanta too. Jeez.

Now, looking forward to the play offs. I have to admit I'm not crazy about the idea of facing Verlander twice in a five game set. The ALDS will be very, very tough.

If it happens to be the Rays that take the Yankees out of the post-season, that would be hilarious.

NL set up nicely. Instead of the Phillies having it 'easy' against Arizona, they have to play St Louis who won 6-3 in the head-to-heads! :D

Â