Baseball

ianrobo1

I totally agree. His power is just crazy at times. Shame we ended up with Vernon Wells.

Yeah, Wells has struggled badly. I drafted him for my fantasy team, too. Cut him loose after the second week, he was so bad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I know of. I subscribe to MLB tv so I can catch the weekend games. A lot of the working week games are on too late especially for an Angels fan. Wells has struggled although the Angels are not doing so bad. Still, hopefully Weaver can start winning again and Santana might just find his even year form in an odd year. As the season progresses I think we will miss Kendrys Morales yet again.

Do they air baseball games in England?

We used to have MLB on Five which evolved over the years to become cult viewing. The presenters had to fill in as there wasn't much demand for advertising at 2am during baseball and so they had a lot of fun mucking around.

It was canceled in 2008 leaving only ESPN covering games

Not that I know of. I subscribe to MLB tv so I can catch the weekend games. A lot of the working week games are on too late especially for an Angels fan. Wells has struggled although the Angels are not doing so bad. Still, hopefully Weaver can start winning again and Santana might just find his even year form in an odd year. As the season progresses I think we will miss Kendrys Morales yet again.

I drafted Ubaldo Jimenez when Weaver was still available :x

We don't count wins as a stat in our league, we use "Quality Starts", meaning even the games Weaver didn't get the W, he still would have scored a QS in my league. Meanwhile, I've benched Jimenez, cuz he's my worst **** starter....

We used to have MLB on Five which evolved over the years to become cult viewing. The presenters had to fill in as there wasn't much demand for advertising at 2am during baseball and so they had a lot of fun mucking around.

It was canceled in 2008 leaving only ESPN covering games

Yeah, the time difference is a killer....

I don't get why some teams have played such few series with each other, interleague is stupid.

So I stopped up until 6 am this morning because of the Met game. It was delayed an hour and a half due to rain and it went to extra innings. It was a good laugh though, how we manage to find new ways to lose is quite impressive. Bottom of the 9th, tie game, it was impossible for us not to win as we have a man on 2nd, 0 outs. But we failed to execute a simple bunt. Bottom of the 10th, similar situation, again we fail. Top 11th, 2 out, they decided to leave their reliever in to hit. The guy hadn't hit in the majors for 2 years, of course Igarashi **** it up and he hits an RBI single to give them the lead. We'd exhausted out bench so in the bottom of the 11th, 2 outs, we use pitcher Jon Niese to pinch hit. He hits a **** triple. Obviously Jose Reyes strikes out swinging on 5 pitches, 5 pitches that were all out of the zone.

Who needs tv shows when you got the Mets. Brilliant comedy value.

I've been using streams2watch.com. I've had a HD perfect stream for the last 4 nights. I decided to watch the Yankees again last night, and lo and behold, they lost again . :D Priceless. I've got a few interviews this week though so I won't be able to stay up and watch The Cubs (my team ) @ Boston, which will be a blessing I'm sure .

I don't get why some teams have played such few series with each other, interleague is stupid.

So I stopped up until 6 am this morning because of the Met game. It was delayed an hour and a half due to rain and it went to extra innings. It was a good laugh though, how we manage to find new ways to lose is quite impressive. Bottom of the 9th, tie game, it was impossible for us not to win as we have a man on 2nd, 0 outs. But we failed to execute a simple bunt. Bottom of the 10th, similar situation, again we fail. Top 11th, 2 out, they decided to leave their reliever in to hit. The guy hadn't hit in the majors for 2 years, of course Igarashi **** it up and he hits an RBI single to give them the lead. We'd exhausted out bench so in the bottom of the 11th, 2 outs, we use pitcher Jon Niese to pinch hit. He hits a **** triple. Obviously Jose Reyes strikes out swinging on 5 pitches, 5 pitches that were all out of the zone.

The Mets are a total shambles the last several years...but at least they won't get relegated!

Interleague play only started about 15 years ago, and yeah, it does suck. The World Series was always more intriguing when you had two teams that were total strangers...now all the teams are familiar with each other...

Interleague play only started about 15 years ago, and yeah, it does suck.

Interleague play only started about 15 years ago, and yeah, it does suck.

its also completely unfair. last year the dodgers had to play the yanks, red sox, angels and tigers and won about 4 games total.

• 3 months later...

I've started watching this. Mainly because the channel has been given to me for free and because a (Canadian) mate loves the sport and can explain the finer points to me. I like the pace it plays at. You don't have to get too engrossed. Watched Mets/Phillies yesterday and 'twas good.

I'm also new to baseball thanks to ESPN - was wathing the Red Sox @ Rangers game this morning.

I'm hooked. Absolutely love it (and the LLWS :shock:)

But I don't know who to support - I always watch wanting the losing team to win....

Who in the MLB is the equivilent of Aston Villa?

What I know is that I can't stand the Giants and that utter clearing in the woods of a closing pitcher.

The berk with the beard.

I suspect that he might be rjw63's favorite player, though, between being named Brian Wilson (no, not that Brian Wilson...) and the beard.

200px-Brian_Wilson_Fear_the_Beard.jpg

I like the pace it plays at. You don't have to get too engrossed.

Even if you're a commentator

Red Sox in first place this morning! :D

Go Sox (and thank you, Oakland!)

Houston become the first team to get eliminated from the playoffs.

I like Brian Wilson -- some of his interviews are very amusing.

Which team is the equivalent of Aston Villa? Hmm, no candidate immediately stands out. Cincinnati Reds is somewhat analogous, given the traditional and the not overwhelming level of success. Levi will have a better answer. Over to you, Mr. Ramsey.

Â